Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbie Matrix Help  (Read 1917 times)

Offline V0oD0oMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Newbie Matrix Help
« on: October 25, 2005, 12:57:56 AM »
I'm trying to create a matrix of a show using Wavelab.  This is my first time, and i've used Audio file comparer to create a file that is a merger of the two sources, however it is always off by a little, and the only way i can see to line them up is at the very beginning of the file, which is hard to do with crowd noise and whatnot.  I have two main questions: First, should i split the file into tracks first in order to better line them up, and second, is there a better method of merging two audio files in wavelab that allows for more accuracy?

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Newbie Matrix Help
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 01:03:30 AM »
I think it is easier to split one of the sources, I would split the SBD.  Also there is a post on here that has some good info on using wavelab with a matrix.  Not sure where it's at but if you do a search you find it
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline V0oD0oMan

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 01:33:05 AM »
I found a great tutorial for exactly what i want to do.  Search is my best friend.

Offline adubphoto

• Taperssection Regular
  • What happened?!
    • www.boymangodshit.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 12:04:38 PM »
I find it much easier to match them up in Cubase.
Ret. Audio: Rode NT5's(rodents) > Omnistudio USB > Gateway5300> Cubase
Visual: Canon 30D // Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 // Canon 50mm f1.8 // Canon 70-200mm f2.8 // Canon 580EX

Aquarium Rescue Unit Flickr photo set | FLips Flickr photo set | GRAB Flickr photo set

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 01:08:31 PM »
I have only done one but had great results.  I used the montage in wavelab but first I cut them down to the exact same size/time.  down to the milasecond and they matched up perfect.  find a highhat pop or something similar to go with.  I ended up using only the aud (pasted it in) for the first min or so till I found a good place to match them up. 
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 04:21:07 PM »
I have some experience with syncing sound with video, and one thing that can help in a very subtle, but noticeable, way over long stretches on the timeline, is to make sure all of the audio sources are in the EXACT SAME format before trying to sync. So, let's say the SBD is 16/44 and the AUD is 16/48, then take the UAD down to 16/44 into a seperate file FIRST, then bring in both 16/44 files to do the sync. That's not really what you are talking about exactly, but that can really help keep the sync for long periods of time.

You can also "zoom" in to the point where are are trying to sync in two ways usually. First, zoom the timeline way in so you are only looking at asec or two (zoom in to the horizontal section of the timeline), then blow up the wave signs really, really big (enlarge the vertical representation of the sign waves). This can help you visually "see" the sync point. You can also do some weird things with polarity, like purposely get the polarity opposite of each other, then figit with one track until it "cancels" the other track the most, then flip the polarity back.

Just some ideas, but they come from the video side, so maybe doing a matrix is different?
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com