Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Where to get male RCA to 1/8 inch mini cable for AD20?

<< < (2/2)

jlykos:

--- Quote from: John Kelly on August 20, 2003, 08:48:02 AM ---I doubt you'd need a custom cable, all you'd need is an RCA > mini cable.  It's not like the adapter I'm using now is made for digital cables, it's just a mono mini > RCA adapter.  

--- End quote ---

I am not an expert in digital cables, but are you sure about this?  It seems to me that the cable material may be responsible for carrying the digital signal, not the adaptor.

John Kelly:
Well it obviously has to go through the adapter to get to the cable.  I was under the impression that RCA cables were all basically the same.  For instance, if you hook up your AV stuff but switch the white and the yellow RCA cables (left channel audio and video), it'll still work as long as the two are switched on both components...

Edit - Obviously some will be of higher quality than others, but I'm not so sure there's a difference between an RCA digital cable and an analog cable at a basic level, other than one may cost more. ;)

rabhan:
well, when i went to get rca cables for my ua5, i went for the tsunami car audio grade over the monster cable home audio grade bc the tsunamis have silver solder and titanium coated connectors, and the shielding is a lot better.

John Kelly:
Yeah, some can be of higher quality than others, but I don't think there's an actual difference between a digital RCA cable and an analog RCA cable.  I could be way off, though... ;)

zhianosatch:

--- Quote from: John Kelly on August 20, 2003, 10:56:41 AM ---Well it obviously has to go through the adapter to get to the cable.  I was under the impression that RCA cables were all basically the same.  For instance, if you hook up your AV stuff but switch the white and the yellow RCA cables (left channel audio and video), it'll still work as long as the two are switched on both components...

--- End quote ---

Those are both analog RCA cables and adapters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version