Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

UA5 matrix ADC question...

(1/3) > >>

rabhan:
alright, so lets say that i got mics>v3 running xlr out to the rca inputs on the ua5. and then i have a second set of mics>ua5 thru its xlrs.

now before i plug in the mics to the ua5. lets say that my mics>v3 signal is at -12 to -2 for example, an acceptable recording signal.

once i try to mix that with the mics>ua5, the levels will be double that, no?

so the knobs on the back of the ua5 are attenuators to reduce the signal coming from the v3? how does affect the sound? what is happening? will i be able to reduce that signal to 50% and run the mic>ua5 50% also to get acceptable levels to the d8 out of the ua5, which is -12 to -2?

just trying to figure out how this box works......

(all this coming from someone who isnt home to take the unit out of the box yet)

rabhan:
am i gonna have to ask them over at oade?

mirth:
If the input knob on the back of the unit is an attenuator & doesn't apply real gain then you're just turning the volume down. I believe that turned all the way clockwise (looking at the knob) is at line level.

jessedscott:
Yes, and NO. The RCA are provided w/ very little gain. So I use a Balanced line transformer to add the -12 to -10 w/ the knob turned all the way clock wise. But scince you are going from a V3, I would think that the V alone will add much needed gain. So you might have to turn it down some. This being, you will not need the line transformer. i hope I think i go that right.

JDS

mirth:
My last sentance in reply #2 was supposed to mean more along the lines of if the volume knob is turned all the way to the right it will be taking the signal at whatever the input level is. Depending on where your levels are, you may need to either turn down the V3 or the RCA inputs on the UA5.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version