Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Coresound  (Read 5409 times)

Offline madman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Coresound
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 05:13:41 PM »
I'm late in the thread here, but travelinbeat, I use the 4061s in small venues to tape very loud shows and have no need for a pre-amp.  I did buy the DPA pre, which I've only used a couple of times because I simply don't need it.  I'm considering swapping my 4061s for 4060s to basically eliminate any need for a pre.

Offline Ekib

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Coresound
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 02:02:59 PM »
To the topic starter :

Why do you at any cost want Omni's ( or binaural's before someone starts this discussion again :) ) ? >>>I will refer to Omni's from now on , ok ?<<<

I have been using Core Sound Stealthy Cardioid's for over 8 years and I think they are the perfect set for any situation ! Indoor/outdoor/small club/big Arena etc.
Non tapers have heard my recordings ( and many bands !!! ) and think they sound almost perfect . I was testing a set of speakers ( Audio Physic ) and the guys in the store couldn't believe they were audience recordings .
A friend of mine uses the CSCD's while recording video ( with the -20 DB attenuator ) . Loud heavy metal type concerts...and the sound is perfect ! AGENT STEEL used his footage for an official DVD .

I have heard recordings with much more expensive mic's and they weren't that much better .

I know a lot of mic's is nothing but taste . So I am not going to argue which mic is best .
I just notice a lot of tapers want Omni's at any cost and have a feeling they are not looking at the other way . That's all .

Another I like about card's is they exclude a lot of (local) crowd noise . Nothing ruins a recording more than your neighbour yelling loud . I have had people standing next to me and talking the whole gig . With Omni's the recording would have been ruined but with my CSCD's you hardly notice it . At least not that much as with Omni's . That is a very practical thing since many gigs you have to stand in the middle of the crowd .

But I have to say, I don’t mind it. I do object when I see people sticking microphones up my nose, in the front row. If I see anyone doing that [laughs] I’m going to have security remove them. Because that’s just obnoxious. But I don’t mind if people come and discreetly at the back make a recording of it. And I know that it’s just for their own use, for the superfan.
(Steven Wilson , interview http://blog.musoscribe.com/index.php/2011/01/25/interview-steven-wilson-on-audience-taping/ )

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com