Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Turntable is Digital?  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Punkishlyevil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Turntable is Digital?
« on: June 09, 2007, 09:26:35 AM »
Hi. I have a Technics turntable going into a TC-750 preamp (yeah I know, nothing too high end, but I'm new at this game) and the preamp is going into my soundcard on my computer so I can listen to records with my computer speakers. The question is, is this going from Analog to Digital when it hits my soundcard, or is it just going straight through the soundcard into my speakers and staying analog? Probably a stupid question, but I'm really not quite sure what is going on. Also, if it is converting to digital, is there a way to hook a turntable up to a computer's speakers and keep it analog?

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Turntable is Digital?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 09:42:03 AM »
It is analog to the sound card where it becomes digital.    8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
Re: Turntable is Digital?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 10:22:35 AM »
is there a way to hook a turntable up to a computer's speakers and keep it analog?

I don't know everything but I don't know of any soundcard that has an analog pass though.  I admit that I'm inferring a lot about the quality of your computer speakers but I doubt that there is going to be a phenominal improvement by taking the digital conversion out of the equation, especially if you have a 24-bit sound card.

If you like the records a lot and are playing through your computer speakers anyway, you should capture the records at 24/96 using your sound card and then use the 24/96 files for playback.  You will get the same sound quality as your current A>D>A and you will save the wear on your vinyl.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com