Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Uneven levels recording with Sony MZ-RH10 Hi-MD  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Joshua Boyens

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Uneven levels recording with Sony MZ-RH10 Hi-MD
« on: April 18, 2006, 01:10:58 AM »
Hello everyone I bought a Sony MZ-RH10 Hi-MD a little while back and have found that the left channel is consistently a little louder than the right channel no matter what source I am recording from (mics, computer, tv etc.)  My current set up is: SP-CMC-8>SP-SPSB-8 (? I got the batt box before this model, but its basically the same thing - Sound Professionals, adjustable bass roll off, dual level adjustments, 9v)>Sony MZ-RH10.  I recorded QOTSA at Oakland the last time they where here with NIN, and when I downloaded the file to my computer the left channel was slightly distorted from me setting the level one click to high (the right channel was perfect though.)  I contacted Sony about it, but they were not able to help me.  I also dug for some info here and found one other person who seems to be having the same thing happen.  I was wondering if anybody has heard of this, or heard of any way to adjust the levels in the unit it self.  Thanks for any info you can think of, Josh.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: Uneven levels recording with Sony MZ-RH10 Hi-MD
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 01:24:14 AM »
I'd suggest just setting your levels a bit lower all the time. You can always make adjustments to your levels in post production.

I rarely get both channels even, so I just match them up in Wavelab.

I usually run in the -4db to -8db range, especially when stealthing, just to be on the safe side.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

nameloc01

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Uneven levels recording with Sony MZ-RH10 Hi-MD
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:27:13 PM »
i am pretty sure you can't adjust individual chanels on any of the sony himd models.on both of mine they are always off just a tiny little bit from each other,which i attribute to mic configuration,as i am never dead center perfect.but as someone staed that can be changed in post production.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com