Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADK TL's  (Read 9533 times)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
Re:ADK TL's
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2004, 05:02:40 PM »
ahhhhh...I got it now, thanks guys, good thread today
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2004, 06:23:25 PM »
The reason I came up with that mod for the vert bar is I didn't trust putting the mics sideways fearing they'd come loose and gravity would take over.

I guess people run them horizontally with no trouble?  
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2004, 07:35:58 PM »
I have seen people run them both ways, never heard of any one having issues with running them horizontally.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2004, 09:58:53 PM »
The reason I came up with that mod for the vert bar is I didn't trust putting the mics sideways fearing they'd come loose and gravity would take over.

fair enough, I was just wondering if maybe I didnt understand how sound addresses the LD mics...

Offline save

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2004, 09:59:54 PM »
i run my tl's in xy by just screwing the top shockmount into the top of my stand.  then just put a clamp my other shockmoutn below it.  no need to spend extra cash on getting another stereo bar if you already have a clamp.
save

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2004, 09:26:16 AM »
good to know, I have a clamp I can use...cool
In Tyler we Trust

Offline Tim

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2004, 12:56:42 PM »

fair enough, I was just wondering if maybe I didnt understand how sound addresses the LD mics...

Robert Kwon sent me some emails about the effect that the housing of a LD may have when the mic is run horizontally... I'll see if I can find them. Basically they couldn't confirm anything but they had an idea on how to test for any effects.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Tim

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2004, 12:59:06 PM »
i run my tl's in xy by just screwing the top shockmount into the top of my stand.  then just put a clamp my other shockmoutn below it.  no need to spend extra cash on getting another stereo bar if you already have a clamp.

bingo.

check this thread, there's one picture on page 1 and two really nice shots on page 2.

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=20;action=display;threadid=11892
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2004, 12:59:15 PM »
"Robert Kwon sent me some emails about the effect that the housing of a LD may have when the mic is run horizontally... I'll see if I can find them. Basically they couldn't confirm anything but they had an idea on how to test for any effects."

yeah, I think it's similar to the issue of using the trim knobs on the V2....the POTENTIAL is there to introduce noise, but it may not(I know, not the best analogy)

the water's clean and innocent

Offline timP

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2004, 11:26:30 PM »
how's this as a sort of guide to see if they are ined up right for XY configuration????
I cut a piece of cardboard in a small right angle V to hold above the mics and then see if the lines across the tops of the grill are even?
?>FR2LE

BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2004, 11:33:48 PM »
[fair enough, I was just wondering if maybe I didnt understand how sound addresses the LD mics...

Sorry for this, but I really, really have to........

Art Carney:  "Hello dere LD mics!"

Offline Tim

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2004, 12:36:37 AM »
how's this as a sort of guide to see if they are ined up right for XY configuration????
I cut a piece of cardboard in a small right angle V to hold above the mics and then see if the lines across the tops of the grill are even?

sounds like it should work!

Offline timP

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2004, 10:07:54 AM »
do I hear something bubblin?  ;)
?>FR2LE

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com