Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADK TL pelican case  (Read 5897 times)

Offline Shawn

• is old and tired
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
ADK TL pelican case
« on: January 30, 2007, 08:15:21 AM »
So my amazing wife gave me a pelican case for my 460s for christmas, and I absolutley love it. I like it so much that I'd like to keep my TLs in a pelican rather than the two gi-normous flight cases they came with. I'm curious if anybody else has tried this. I'm afraid the case may be a monster and just to much to try and squeeze into my gear bag.

Is anbody carrying their TLs in a pelican case? if so what case are you using? are you using a seperate case for each mic or one case for both? is it too much to stuff into your gear bag for a show?

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
Re: ADK TL pelican case
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »
I had my A51s in a 1060 with a lining of foam at the bottom and between them. Swampy keeps his TLs in a 1060 also, but there's not a lot of room for foam, but if you find something in the 1/2" range I think you could line the case pretty well.
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:19:24 PM »
Gator makes a 2mic travel case, but I doubt the TLs will fit into it...

You could contact the guys at ADK, they'd probably sell you one of the double flight cases like the matched TLs come in...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Swampy

• You Worthless Swampy Fool
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 07:22:38 PM »
I had my A51s in a 1060 with a lining of foam at the bottom and between them. Swampy keeps his TLs in a 1060 also, but there's not a lot of room for foam, but if you find something in the 1/2" range I think you could line the case pretty well.

Ya, The 1060 has worked out well, you just have to find thin foam for the top and bottom and to place in between them. It isn't perhaps as safe as keeping them in something molded, but is probably the smallest storage solution. As long as you aren't too rough on them, its not a problem.

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:11:04 AM »
I have my Neumann LDs in a Pelican 1200.  It is larger, but I want the protection, no matter what.  I can also fit the Shure bar in there as well.  Bought the anti-static foam model, and cut the foam myself.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

Offline Shawn

• is old and tired
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 12:51:12 PM »
thanks for the help guys. I was wondering if it was possible to squeeze them in a 1060, and now I know it's possible. I guess now I'm trying to decide between these options:

1060 - remove all of the padding and install some custom 1/2" foam. obviously a fairly small solution, but protection is limited.
          Outside Dimensions: 9-3/8L x 5-9/16W x 2-5/8D
          Inside Dimensions: 8-7/16"L x 4-7/16"W x 2-1/4"D

1120 - barely big enough to carry both mics in, and it's pretty bulky. probably not the best protection, but better than my current solution.
          Outside Dimensions: 8-1/4"L x 6-1/2"W x 3-5/8"D
          Inside Dimensions: 7-3/8"L x 4-7/8"W x 3-1/8"D

2 X 1060 - I could get 2 of these and use one for each mic. Obviously the bulkiest solution, but should provide very good protection.

I'm leaning towards the 1120, but I'm not 100% yet. If I do it I'll be sure to post some pics of the results.

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 05:32:16 PM »
I keep my TL's with wind screens on wrapped in bubble wrap in Crown Royal bags.  I found a rubbermaid container that fits snug for $5.  Just as good half the cost. 
Barrett
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 06:03:21 PM »
Rubbermaid and Crown Royal bag "just as good...?  I could run over my pelican case with my car and the mics would be fine... Could you?
30 bucks on safty for a fine set if mics is cheap insurance.
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 06:20:16 PM »
When and where would your mics ever have the potential to get run over?  Good lord where are you taping that you are that worried about your mics in transport?  Sorry I just think that this is a little overboard.
Barrett
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 06:35:20 PM »
Thinking about a Pelican 1500 myself...

Does Pelican do custom foam cutting???

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 10:11:49 AM »
When and where would your mics ever have the potential to get run over?  Good lord where are you taping that you are that worried about your mics in transport?  Sorry I just think that this is a little overboard.
Barrett

Wow, you have never dropped anything? Or had some drunk dumass accidentally kick or step on your pack in the dark?  When I went to the expense of buying a pair of Neumanns, it was worth $28.00 to buy a case that you can run over, get caught in a rainstorm, submerge in water, or wiil hold up against just about anything short of gunfire or nuclear blast.  I still keep my AKGs in a tupperware, wrapped in bubblewrap, which has served me very well for years and years, but I had to err on the side of caution with the new mics.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »

Terry

Presumably, you are buying this to house more than just mics.  Pelican has the pick and pluck foam, or you can get a solid piece like I did.  I then traced the outline of my mics (or whatever other gear you are putting in there, and cut it with a very sharp kitchen knife.

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »

Terry

Presumably, you are buying this to house more than just mics.  Pelican has the pick and pluck foam, or you can get a solid piece like I did.  I then traced the outline of my mics (or whatever other gear you are putting in there, and cut it with a very sharp kitchen knife.

Yeah, I want room for both mics and both shockmounts as well as a small space for t-bar, ruler, pens, etc...  My current flightcase has room for all that and is slightly smaller than the 1500.

And I'm wondering if they could cut me two perfect holes for my shocks - I know I can't do that with a kitchen knife...

Terry

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 05:26:28 PM »
Barrett

Wow, you have never dropped anything? Or had some drunk dumass accidentally kick or step on your pack in the dark?  When I went to the expense of buying a pair of Neumanns, it was worth $28.00 to buy a case that you can run over, get caught in a rainstorm, submerge in water, or wiil hold up against just about anything short of gunfire or nuclear blast.  I still keep my AKGs in a tupperware, wrapped in bubblewrap, which has served me very well for years and years, but I had to err on the side of caution with the new mics.

I'm with you on this.  Paying $100 for a really nice case will save you the $700 to replace a broken pair of TLs that got stepped on, wet, dropped, thrown around by security, etc.

Its like buying insurance.  Do you want to go around hoping you never get sick, or do you want to invest a little money so that you can get treatment when you do get sick???

Terry

Offline fleish

• Trade Count: (4)
  • I've been safariing since before you were born
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »
Bumping a very old thread to mention my TL's came with a Pelican 1120 and they fit in it perfectly. I can even toss in my Shure A15As attenuators alongside the mics.

Mics: AT853, MC930, AK40/AK50 > LC3 > KM100, ADK TL51
Cables: Audio Magic XStream silver, Kind Kables, Zaolla M1.5
Decks: D8, Busman Hybrid R4

My LMA tapes: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Todd+Fleisher%22

My LMA transfers: http://archive.org/search.php?query=-taper%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29%20AND%20transferer%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29

My LMA uploads: http://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20uploader%3A%28todd%40fleish.org%29

Awesome. David said you were like The Wolf in Pulp Fiction. Shows up just in time with tons of gear, does a pro job, and disappears into the night! :-)

Offline flicflac

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:41:16 PM by flicflac »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com