Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: advice on schoeps setup?  (Read 1799 times)

Offline goldenbreast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
advice on schoeps setup?
« on: February 20, 2008, 08:26:41 AM »
hi all

i have no plans to purchase a schoeps setup at this stage as im newish to recording gigs - this is simply for future reference. i currently have a church audio setup which has been ace!. ive been in touch with one member here who owns a schoeps setup just to get more info.

i would like to know what current schoeps setup owners would recommend as a good schoeps 'starter' kit for someone wanting to tape stealth shows. i was recommended by a member that the mk4 caps > nbox is a good setup as the nbox comes with active cables. if i had that setup would that be enough (along with an edirol r-09?)

im based in the UK - do we have any UK schoeps users?,  i'd be interested to know how much such setup would set me back

any further advice would be much appreciated

Alex

Offline DaveG73

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Beer and Music.
Re: advice on schoeps setup?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:38:31 AM »
Don't have an UK'ers using schoeps right now that I am aware of, although Schoff was looking at the possibilities of possibly upgrading that way.

The thread is here http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,97692.0.html

or you could drop him a PM, he might have some sort of ideas on price. (he is a friend of mine and an all round good guy).

http://taperssection.com/index.php?action=profile;u=14255

The thing to bear in mind with Schoeps is that given the "problems" we tend to face in the UK with live music taping, they are not the smallest set up, even in the Caps>Actives/Nbox>Recorder set up.

I have to say that if I could afford the above set up, it would be my choice. I love the recordings I have heard with MK4 > Nbox > Recorder but I daren't even begin to think how much it would cost.

Good Luck.

Dave.
Always Taping Under The Influence.

I was under the assumption that as a taper, we're all geeks?  I just thought it went with the territory?

Offline goldenbreast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: advice on schoeps setup?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
cheers for the info. i use the croakie mount for my glasses to record so it seems the schoeps might not be the best option for that method.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com