Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MATRIX WITH THE UA-5  (Read 7786 times)

Offline NJFunk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: MATRIX WITH THE UA-5
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2006, 08:47:02 AM »
I have done on the fly matrices with the UA-5 with great results.  Here's one of the best:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=33830

If possible, I try to set up the mics at stage lip (where I would expect a great stereo image of the on-stage amps and have no delay issues but little or no vocals) and mix that with the PA feed (which are normally vocal-heavy in small bars).

easy jim

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MATRIX WITH THE UA-5
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 07:08:52 PM »
its seems almost all sbd  > aud matrix that have been attemped ....has some serious echo from the sbd...whats the best way to remedy the ecoey sbd

I have done a bunch of on the fly matrices with my P-Mod UA-5.  Delay issues really only come in to play when the mics are ~20-25' or more from the sound source (PA stacks, etc.)  In one club here in San Diego, I clamp my mics to a railing above the SBD which is just about 20' back from the PA.  I like to use the -75hz bass roll off setting on the mics at the back end of the delay-range so the low end does not sound muddy.  If you are any futher, it is better to mix the sources later.  I've never had a delay issue with stage micing + a SBD feed; however, it may be possible if the stage is very large and the mics are far enough from the amps/drums, etc.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.177 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com