Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: my budget for a rig is $3500  (Read 5362 times)

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:my budget for a rig is $3500
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2004, 04:21:09 PM »
I haven't seen a whole lot of used gear for sale on ebay. I saw a rig with the 4v's with the battery powered bodies, not sure I wanna go that route. If I was patient enough to wait I may be able to find most of the rig used but I would rather not wait 3 months. That being said, what should I expect to spend on new/used 140's?

Lynchie

i paid $1450 shipped for my skm140s, i've seen a couple sets go lower and some other ones go a bit higher so $1400 - $1550 seems like a good ball park.  if it were me i'd atleast post an iso on a couple of the message boards before i even considered buying new.  not only will you save money in the begining by buying used but you won't lose very much on your original investment when you go to sell the gear (you'll probably lose atleast 20% when selling gear you bought new).

rabhan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2004, 09:56:13 PM »
140s > V3 is a tough rig to beat!

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2004, 07:20:26 AM »
or you could go 480's >v3 and have some cash left over taboot..you could even fork over the extra cash on all 3 sets of capsules.....i wouldve said 140's/150's, but i really dont like the 150's at all.....

what kind of shows will you be taping??? small clubs???

if you were sticking w/ the 140's and no hypers, id say go w/ the 140's>v3, and the stealthyness is great, but if youre getting multiple caps, not much stealthing, go w/ team akg!!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline danmorgan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2004, 08:37:01 AM »

Offline Tim

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2004, 01:47:13 PM »
MMMM, mikey likes tax refunds.

But why give the govt a tax-free loan when you could have that money in-pocket over the course of the year working for you - buying stuff, earning interest, etc.

because I like schools, highways, health care as well as the various other things that help make life a little bit better for everyone. but that's just me...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2004, 01:59:48 PM »
because I like schools, highways, health care as well as the various other things that help make life a little bit better for everyone. but that's just me...

Those are good reasons to pay my taxes, but not reasons to provide interest-free loans to the feds (though I suppose in aggregate it may help them out a bit).  Besides, I'm of the mind that they oughta be able to provide all those things effectively and efficiently based on the taxes I pay, not on the interest-free loan I may or may not provide.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline 1st set only

• you are what you is
    • Don Poulsen Illustration and Graphic Design
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2004, 02:09:28 PM »
i say go house.
buying a house is smarter investment, keep patching
the show is over go home please.

Offline lynchie

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2004, 03:53:57 PM »

I plan on taping club shows, theatrer, and at some outdoor sheds/festivals. I prefer to run up front, no section for me(if I can help it) and really like a low end presence on my tapes. I was wondering if running a AD500e behind the V3 would provide any benefits??

I made a bid on the 140>MP2>MME, we'll see if it's enough.

p.s. where do people find the graphics

peace,

Lynchie
DPA 4023's,mg210's
Sonosax Sx-m32
Mixpre 6ii
Oppo DV-981 HD>Grace 901>ancient Harmon Kardon Citation>Klipsch HSF 8.5 floor speakers

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2004, 04:03:20 PM »

I plan on taping club shows, theatrer, and at some outdoor sheds/festivals. I prefer to run up front, no section for me(if I can help it) and really like a low end presence on my tapes. I was wondering if running a AD500e behind the V3 would provide any benefits??

I made a bid on the 140>MP2>MME, we'll see if it's enough.

p.s. where do people find the graphics

peace,

Lynchie

i've always been happy with the 140 > mme combination for open taping and 140 > mp2 for stealth taping but never found any benefit to running the mp2 in front of the mme.

Offline BC

• Bongo Bongo
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2004, 04:05:02 PM »
FWIW: I also dig the 140>V3 combo. I run 4022>V3  but have made a couple nice 140>V3 tapes, one was SKB 3-28-03, my V3 with Hippies (Scott M) 140's ORTF on stage, I think this one came out REAL nice. I think it is up on archive.org. Also ran 140>V3 for Bonnaroo, pulled some good ones there.
Just to nitpick, to me the Neumann cardioids sound a little loose/underdamped in the very low end when recording a PA system from a distance, but other than that I think they are great.

Happy shopping!
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2004, 05:56:10 PM »
take your time and buy used gear youll get more for your money ;) the skm1&&>V3 combo is a great setup...do you have a homedat deck or a soundcard that support spdif?  there are a lot of options with that amount of money for a really nice setup
481(3)>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com