Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoltrix recording  (Read 1464 times)

Offline MicheleVR5

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Zoltrix recording
« on: January 14, 2004, 02:24:52 AM »
Thanks to Kevin (blu666z) I have a happy minidisc deck plugged in to my Zoltrix and it's playing a disc now.

I'm recording using the Audio Rack, since I couldn't find any other way to access the digital stuff, with SPDIF IN checked. I did a little test file with both line in and SPDIF in, neither had that awful noise in the file so I'm dumping a minidisc for real now. I think.

My question is, when I started recording on the Audio Rack it recorded silence before I hit the play button on the MD deck. Is this normal with this program, or is something wrong and it should have only started when it got a signal? I guess what I'm wondering if there's like an automatic on/off for recording.

I also still have Total Recorder installed and I hope that's not messing things up.

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Zoltrix recording
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 07:17:44 AM »
fyi i used a cmi8738 spdif card for about a year and a half.  once the device is installed and you've selected spdif input and all that jazz via the little cmedia control panel or whatever it was called, i could record straight within soundforge.

you're right, though, i do remember it recording silence as soon as you hit record.  it doesn't synch with the external device.

Offline firmdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Re:Zoltrix recording
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 01:22:31 PM »
yeah it does that for me. i dunno why, don't really care either.  make sure you mute the volume control when record, it took me a while to figure out why i was getting digi artifacts.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com