Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DR-100 experience?  (Read 14430 times)

Offline Savage Messiah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • My Trading Site
Re: DR-100 experience?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 04:21:29 AM »
For phantom power applications, I think I'll try to devise a way to simultaneously:

1. Operate the DR-100 from inside the included soft case by cutting out flaps and/or open rectangles and circles for desired plug-ins and key/wheel access, and
2. Locate and utilize a small enough battery pack with 5v/2A xxxxmAh output that will fit in the case behind the unit and power it externally.

Now, powering 10mA mics @ 48V, the external + internal li-ion combo should all work perfectly and untouched for upwards of 6 hours, assuming that there would be a smooth automatic transition from ext->int power, although I'm sure if you had to yank the pack's adapter plug out @ low charge LED you could do so without negative impact.

In the end I hope we're looking very viable handheld/pocket operation here!
Collecting "new" gear.

ISO stealth DATs and cassettes from '90s rock shows!

Offline Savage Messiah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • My Trading Site
DR-100 external power!
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 06:57:14 AM »
Believe I found what's looking like a goody... Opti-Solar PowerBank440: 5V 2A 4.4Ah with Samsung lithium rechargeable battery and interchangeable tips that measures only 3.93 x 2.28 x 0.9", which should fit in the case with the DR-100!

This is a company that specializes in high-end innovative solar products and also makes conventional reusable power products. So far I give them credit because they've published what seems like every imaginable spec you could want to know about this item. Corporate page for this item: http://opti-online.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=52

Could only find this for sale in the US through the eBay store of a respected high-end bike shop located in Pennsylvania called Cycling Pro Store, link to the product list (search) is: http://stores.ebay.com/Cycling-Pro-Store__W0QQ_sidZ739219707?_nkw=opti-solar&submit=Search&LH_TitleDesc=1

I'm definitely going to order one of these and give it a trial run - if it performs anything like one of the bulkier 12V, no one should ever have a problem going phantom. And for $50-60, it's only a hair more expensive than a spare wimpier Tascam battery and about half of what Tekkeon charges for their large units.
Collecting "new" gear.

ISO stealth DATs and cassettes from '90s rock shows!

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com