Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R-09HR Files Disappearing  (Read 2130 times)

Offline joaquin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
R-09HR Files Disappearing
« on: September 20, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »
I have a new R-09HR running the 1.06 operating system, using a new Sandisc 8GB SDHC card.  Two of the last three times I have used this card I have had files disappear. Both times the file appeared fine after recording, but after turning off the unit and restarting, the file was gone. Both times it was the second file on the card and the first file was still there. The first time this happened I recorded a test file and deleted the test file. After rebooting, the deleted file reappeared (multiple times).  When USB connected to my XP PC, there was a file named ._dmy_r09_ on the card with properties WAV - 76 bit sample rate 10.1 khz on the root. I used the XP> properties>tools> error checking to repair the card. The first time the mystery file disappeared,but the audio file was not recovered. The second time the mystery file disappered and the audio file was recovered. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is this a defective card? 

Offline George2

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: R-09HR Files Disappearing
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:00:42 PM »
What sample rate are you recording at?
Sennheiser 418s>SDMixPre-D>RO9HR
Beyer MC930>Fostex FM3>NagraSD
Couple of Schoeps CMT441 too.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 12:33:13 PM »
1. reformat the card in the 09hr
2. attempt to re-create error same way as you described
3. if it persists, try another card but format it in the 09hr before proceeding.

this has never happened to me and I can say I haven't read of it happening to anyone on the forum here.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 01:20:04 PM »
I have lost files in the R-09 and the HR models. Unsure if it was my own stupidity or a hardware failure.  ???
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline joaquin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 05:49:23 PM »
I called Edirol and they said it there was some corruption of the card and to reformat. The strange file was from to unit trying to repair the files on the card. I reformatted multiple times and had persistent problems. It seems to be a defective card. I'm not having these problems with other Sandisc SDHC cards (8 and two 16s).       

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com