Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What digital recorder with preamp devices allin one on the market?  (Read 6148 times)

Offline paulbaptiste

• Trade Count: (50)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • in that sweet bye and bye
Re: What digital recorder with preamp devices allin one on the market?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 05:54:43 AM »
Agree on the Tascam recc- also on 4 chan post work.  I do it, 2 sets of mics, but rarely and for a specific purpose,club.  Run stage lip, then further back in the sweet spot.  Which is a really nice way to capture a show (2 completely diff setups/recorders ect).  Also suggest alot more reading and nothing "wrong" with the mics you mentioned, but just seems silly to put alot of money in a higher end 4 chanel device with lower level mics. Seems kinda backwards...But if thats your route i'd def go for the DR-2D
Official Archivist for The Felice Brothers and contact for guestlist/taper spots
Please contact me regarding upcoming shows as well as recordings for the bands archive
robertsnw@yahoo.com

Offline Duconlajoie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 07:06:22 AM »
Thanks to correct my mistakes and to give advices, a lot of searches to do. It's clear that the whole set of equipment must be consistent.

Offline paulbaptiste

• Trade Count: (50)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • in that sweet bye and bye
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 09:57:23 AM »
there is more information on this site, and amongst the people here to measure, absorb.  I actually always amazed at how nice and helpful most people are with new/beginner questions.  People used to write "SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND".  not a very kind welcome.  So ask away, just saying do your research for your own benefit, you'll find threads and threads and threads on all the recorders people use here, mics also, more info than you want to know.  And you'll notice ALOT of the same gear be it preamps, rec's, microphones, common amongst the users as you were saying with it needing to be "consistent"--- Which is a good sign of how well they work together.  And listen to mics/pre/recorder combos on the archive, and listen and listen and listen. And I haven't met the guy who bought exactly what he wanted;same rec/same mics/ never switched or upgraded.  But i do wish you the best on the learning curve.  and welcome to the wonderful expensive addictive always wanting more world of taping, as they say; check your wallet at the door  ;D
Official Archivist for The Felice Brothers and contact for guestlist/taper spots
Please contact me regarding upcoming shows as well as recordings for the bands archive
robertsnw@yahoo.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com