Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TASCAM iM2?  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Jl55378008

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
TASCAM iM2?
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:24:31 AM »
I know this is probably going to get some laughs here, but have any of you had any experience with the TASCAM iM2 mic for iOS devices?

I've never really thought about becoming a taper before, and I still don't think that's something I want to really get into. However, I've been to a lot of shows lately that either didn't get taped or didn't get circulated publicly, and I'd like to prevent that from happening in the future. I'm looking or something inexpensive and small. I was looking at some of the standard handheld recorders and came across the iM2, which does get good reviews on most retail sites.

I'm thinking that with a 4-6' 30-pin extension cable I could keep the device in a pocket and have more range of mic placement. That and the price are what have me looking at this rather than a fixed-mic handheld.

To emphasize: this isn't intended to be an every-show operation, just shows where no other tapers seem present. I don't see myself getting much farther into the taping hobby, mainly because 1) I don't have the budget for it, and 2) I'm usually more if a rail-rider.

Anyway, thanks for any insight you can give. I'm sure it's not an ideal setup, but it would be nice to know going into a show that I'll have at least some source to listen to in the future.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com