Gear / Technical Help > Cables

KCY 250/5 Ig w/ PFA?

<< < (2/5) > >>

jbell:
Love my KCY cables!!  I've never had a problem with them being unbalanced. 

--- Quote from: nolamule on February 05, 2016, 08:05:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Ultfris101 on February 04, 2016, 06:47:54 PM ---it's a good choice and will work very well. I have this setup and the single cable is indeed very nice.

Do you think you would ever want to get a wider split with the mic capsules? If so another option is to get KC5 cables and chop them and terminate them in PFAs.

I have some KC5s but haven't chopped them. They're nice but keeping them from getting tangled is hard for me.

I tend to use CMC6 bodies most of the time now but the KCY is great and any time a small rig i can run in ORTF or DIN is called for it's the way to go.

--- End quote ---

I am going to be primarily running MK41s at first and don't expect to run a wider split but a very good point.

--- End quote ---

F.O.Bean:

--- Quote from: jbell on February 05, 2016, 11:09:48 AM ---Love my KCY cables!!  I've never had a problem with them being unbalanced. 

--- Quote from: nolamule on February 05, 2016, 08:05:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Ultfris101 on February 04, 2016, 06:47:54 PM ---it's a good choice and will work very well. I have this setup and the single cable is indeed very nice.

Do you think you would ever want to get a wider split with the mic capsules? If so another option is to get KC5 cables and chop them and terminate them in PFAs.

I have some KC5s but haven't chopped them. They're nice but keeping them from getting tangled is hard for me.

I tend to use CMC6 bodies most of the time now but the KCY is great and any time a small rig i can run in ORTF or DIN is called for it's the way to go.

--- End quote ---

I am going to be primarily running MK41s at first and don't expect to run a wider split but a very good point.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Me either, and Ive had [2] different Schoeps KCY's[still have 1], and I have an NBob KCY now too! Never had an issue with either being unbalanced, so no way I would ditch the KCY to go to KC5's :) The single cable is sooo quick and convenient! Just icing on the cake IMO 8) But I do prefer the balanced connectors better, and was another reason why I wanted to sell my M10 stuff and get another 70d, so that I was DONE with 1/8" plugs for now 8) But everyone has different needs and expectations :)

nolamule:
I bought a KCY and love it! Setup and tear-down is so easy without a tangled mess.

acidjack:
I have both, and I use the KCY much more often. I will use KC5>CMC6 for mission-critical applications, but I've never had an issue with the KCY>PFA except for one time when the temperature was in excess of 100 degrees indoors.

Sebastian:

--- Quote from: acidjack on March 28, 2016, 03:00:46 PM ---I have both, and I use the KCY much more often. I will use KC5>CMC6 for mission-critical applications, but I've never had an issue with the KCY>PFA except for one time when the temperature was in excess of 100 degrees indoors.

--- End quote ---

Just out of curiosity, why is the performance of the KCY>PFA setup temperature-dependent?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version