Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Fresno Tapers  (Read 4950 times)

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • god-damned hippies!
Re:Fresno Tapers
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 03:42:31 PM »
and we all rock the same backpack :)

Offline tooldvn

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul.
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 04:01:55 PM »
I also know several people, including one certain bar owner (say... first&gettysburg) who would give their right arm (or at least their girlfriend's) for a copy of metallica/godsmack.

If no one comes up with a good tape of the Metallica show, you can pick up thier soundboard of it with cover art etc, etc for 13 bucks...

http://www.livemetallica.com/show.asp?show=9

-dvn
DPA 4061²  &  AKG 61/63

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 11:31:35 PM »
I also know several people, including one certain bar owner (say... first&gettysburg) who would give their right arm (or at least their girlfriend's) for a copy of metallica/godsmack.

If no one comes up with a good tape of the Metallica show

IF?! ;) DVN, I'll l3arn ya if it's the last thing I do. Been done and it's everywhere. A friend did Godsmack, ain't as good nor has it circulated too much.
Cleokatrah will learn soon.
A
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 11:32:08 PM by zhianosatch »

Offline tooldvn

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 12:36:59 AM »

IF?! ;) DVN, I'll l3arn ya if it's the last thing I do. Been done and it's everywhere. A friend did Godsmack, ain't as good nor has it circulated too much.
A

I thought you said you missed the beginning and the stacks were too high?  So therefore its not a complete tape right?  I'm sure its good, what with the schoeps and all, but you gotta give some love to the board man... ;-)

-dvn
DPA 4061²  &  AKG 61/63

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 12:56:58 AM »

A

I thought you said you missed the beginning and the stacks were too high?  So therefore its not a complete tape right?  I'm sure its good, what with the schoeps and all, but you gotta give some love to the board man... ;-)

-dvn

I said that about the stacks and about the godsmack set.

Offline extraordinary machine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • making the most of it
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2004, 04:38:53 AM »
I don't live in Fresno, but I taped at SaveMart Center once ( John Mayer in Feb '04 ) Weird, very odd venue - security was a joke though. No metal detectors, didn't look at my bags ( or stand ), could pretty much sneak anything in - but once I got to my seat and tried to set up my stuff, the asshole couple in their late 30's next to me and security went balistic. Long story short, I was forced to tear everything down ( and being given some B.S. story about John's security people not allowing stands over shoulder height sitting down ) and "stealth" it - and the couple the ratted me out in the first place still gave me a hard time ( still convinced they wanted me thrown out ) One of the worst taping experiences ever ( along with Mayer in L.A. the next before )
DPA 4061 -> MPS 6020 -> AT CP-8201 -> Creative Nomad Jukebox III

http://db.etree.org/glass_slipper

http://recordingla.blogspot.com

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2004, 04:53:37 AM »
I don't live in Fresno, but I taped at SaveMart Center once ( John Mayer in Feb '04 ) Weird, very odd venue - security was a joke though. No metal detectors, didn't look at my bags ( or stand ), could pretty much sneak anything in - but once I got to my seat and tried to set up my stuff, the asshole couple in their late 30's next to me and security went balistic. Long story short, I was forced to tear everything down ( and being given some B.S. story about John's security people not allowing stands over shoulder height sitting down ) and "stealth" it - and the couple the ratted me out in the first place still gave me a hard time ( still convinced they wanted me thrown out ) One of the worst taping experiences ever ( along with Mayer in L.A. the next before )

oh yeah, fresnisians are some of the stupidest out there.

Offline tooldvn

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2004, 10:11:30 AM »

Gotcha... rock on then ;-)  Be nice to matrix the board with your schoeps for a project if you can get your hands on a copy of the board.
DPA 4061²  &  AKG 61/63

cleantone

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2004, 10:28:19 AM »
Any of you guys have any "Brian Kenney Fresno"?

He lives there and plays there alot. It's a comedic one man band type of show. I'd love to trade for some...

PM me...

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2004, 10:34:22 AM »

Gotcha... rock on then ;-)  Be nice to matrix the board with your schoeps for a project if you can get your hands on a copy of the board.

all the boards from this tour suck!
And I wish they were my schoeps

Offline goose

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2004, 01:14:17 PM »
I just got word that I will likely be traveling to Fresno for work periodically for a good while.  I try to schedule visits when music is happening - and bring my gear.  Hope to hook with some of you in the near future!

Offline formengr

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Fresno Tapers
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2004, 10:16:33 AM »
Prince anyone?
participo ergo sum
evrything in its right place

Offline formengr

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Fresno Tapers
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2004, 08:55:55 PM »
Prince anyone?
I'm there tomorrow...   :D
participo ergo sum
evrything in its right place

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.098 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com