Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Where to buy a Nomad i Europe?? Or preferably Norway.  (Read 2131 times)

Offline duckman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Where to buy a Nomad i Europe?? Or preferably Norway.
« on: August 10, 2004, 11:30:17 AM »
Hi all, signed up here today, after being advised that this is the place to find out everything about taping.
And so it seems! :)

I've been taping using an old Sony MD with ShortPlay, and it really sucks to have to change disks halfway in the show

So I'm considering buying this Nomad that everyone seems to reccomend.

Only problem is, it seems to be virtually impossible to find in Norway.
So does anyone have any tips to where it could be found? Any Norwegians with one of those who knows where to get one?

Seems to me the Nomad Jukebox Zen is what all webshops have.

I could consider buying from abroad, but the customs here slaps a 30$ or more customsfee on anything that costs more than 25$
Only way to get things in to the country without that happening is having the shop writing the price for any product at 20$ or less.
And not many shops do that.

So, any feedback is very welcome.

Now, I'm going back to reading the forums :)

Offline Fisherking

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Where to buy a Nomad i Europe?? Or preferably Norway.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 12:54:05 PM »
Hi there fellow Scandinavian.

www.ebay.co.uk is probably the easiest way to get a refurbished JB3 at a decent price (around £100 + shipping) since Norway isn´t a member of EU you will have to pay taxes anyway if you can´t have it delivered to Sweden and pick it up there.

I have seen them for sale in Sweden for about 4000 SEK which is horribly expensive. (about $550)
DPA 4061/SPcmc4->SP SB1/AD20->SonyD100/JB3

Offline Species

• Taperssection Newbie
    • The Perfect Site
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 03:34:12 AM »
Hello Duckman! I'm new here too and I'm also going to buy a JB3. I live in Sweden so I will buy it from www.siba.se. It's only 1990 Swedish kronor. Last week it was 2490!  :)
On another Swedish web shop I read that it was out of stock since Creative doesn't make the product anymore  ???
SP-CMC-4 -> SP-SPSB-6 -> Edirol R-1

Offline duckman

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 03:36:58 AM »
Just a thought... what if you had someone pick one up state-side and shipped it to you as a gift???  Is that subject to extra charges ??? 

Well... sort of... It would work 'cause that person would then mark the package as a gift, and would also be able to put the value of the contents down to about 20$. There would also be no invoice in the package, so if opened, customs could not "override" the value on front of the package.

I've had luck getting some sellers on eBay doing that. But I'm sort of sceptical of buying used equipment of this kind.. Who knows what kind of bumpy ride it's had.

Offline Fisherking

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 05:28:00 AM »
1990 SEK. sounds like a decent price. makes me want to buy a second unit just in case.
DPA 4061/SPcmc4->SP SB1/AD20->SonyD100/JB3

Offline Species

• Taperssection Newbie
    • The Perfect Site
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 07:41:04 AM »
Has the JB3 been discontinued (in Europe)? I was going to buy one in Sweden but they have all disappeared. More and more web sites state that it has been discontinued. Does anyone know what's going on?
SP-CMC-4 -> SP-SPSB-6 -> Edirol R-1

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 07:47:28 AM »
the jb3 is dicontinued everywhere, creative will no longer work on them unless your warranty is still valid

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com