Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: FW 410 recording problems...  (Read 5321 times)

Offline daverinuk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: FW 410 recording problems...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2004, 04:44:24 PM »
Well, I can click the button that says 1/2 but that still doesn't fix it. I figured that was outputing the signal to the line outputs on the back of the box.

My options under level controller assignment (far right) are: sw return bus, output bus, input, phones, and aux send. Which should it be on? Does that matter?

AKG 480's ck61->Audio Magic Sceptor Cables->M-Audio FW410 (Oade Mod)->Apple Powerbook G4

"Songs remain. They last. The right song can turn an emperor into a laughing-stock, can bring down dynasties. A song can last long after the events and the people in it are dust and dreams and gone. That's the power of songs." -Neil Gaiman, "Anansi Boys"

"The blues is the sound a baby makes when it cries for the first time, 'cause after that he knows it'll get picked up and it's all show business." - Arnie Lawrence (1938-2005)

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2004, 04:48:50 PM »
SW Return bus should be on, IIRC.  Try messing around with all of the settings in there, it took me a while before I understood what everything did.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline daverinuk

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2004, 05:01:50 PM »
What's IIRC?

It seems no matter what I push I can't get levels in the 1/2 SW return...

This is frustrating...
AKG 480's ck61->Audio Magic Sceptor Cables->M-Audio FW410 (Oade Mod)->Apple Powerbook G4

"Songs remain. They last. The right song can turn an emperor into a laughing-stock, can bring down dynasties. A song can last long after the events and the people in it are dust and dreams and gone. That's the power of songs." -Neil Gaiman, "Anansi Boys"

"The blues is the sound a baby makes when it cries for the first time, 'cause after that he knows it'll get picked up and it's all show business." - Arnie Lawrence (1938-2005)

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2004, 05:06:59 PM »
What's IIRC?

It seems no matter what I push I can't get levels in the 1/2 SW return...

This is frustrating...

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

It's pretty obvious that the FW410 is working, you just need to tweak the settings so that it send the correct input through the fw output (coax > firewire).  Give it a few mins, play around with it.  I wish I could tell you specifics, but I don't have the software anymore (and it requires the hardware to run).

You could also email M-Audio support and ask specifically how to enable the coax input for sending through the 1/2 channels.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline daverinuk

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2004, 05:11:20 PM »
Yeah, Doug Oade also suggested trying M-Audio...let me do that now.:)

Offline daverinuk

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »
Ok...M-Audio took forever to get back and was no help...
But good news is I test recorded from mics and it worked with Sound Studio. Now, when I choose inputs on Sound Studio all it gives me is <Default> which works for mics, but not SPIDF...am I missing a patch? I tried searching but got nowhere...I think I just need software that allows me to select a digital input on mac with the 410...anybody?
So...now for help with just recording shows with AKG 480's and the 410. When I used the Tascam, I'd use the decibel pad on the mic and the deck and got great tapes. Those that have used the 480's and 410, what settings should I use on the mics (both pad and frequency limits) and do you need the pad button on the 410 or will the knobs be ok?
I know there's a lot of trial and error and hopefully I'll be recording a show this weekend before I've got to record the final two shows for the band that asked me to, but any advice would be great!
Thanks again!
David

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.577 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com