Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 96kHz recording with JB3  (Read 10759 times)

Offline taktheride

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: 96kHz recording with JB3
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2005, 04:38:21 PM »

not nessessarily,   as i understand it, people don't hear frequencies above 20khz to begin w/, so unless you're recording a dog wistle for the pooch, you won't "hear" a difference either way. that doesn't mean you can't "feel" the sound. i'm sertain that although i can't hear it i can feel sounds below 20hz, so why shouldn't it work the same way at the other end? it's more of a subliminal deal. it's the bit rate that needs to be higher to get a fuller sound.  unless someone can convince me otherwise. 

So do you record 44.1k or 48k?     I ask because I'm not sure its theres really much point in having the convert to burn to cd later.  Does that make sense?

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2005, 07:43:39 PM »

not nessessarily,   as i understand it, people don't hear frequencies above 20khz to begin w/, so unless you're recording a dog wistle for the pooch, you won't "hear" a difference either way. that doesn't mean you can't "feel" the sound. i'm sertain that although i can't hear it i can feel sounds below 20hz, so why shouldn't it work the same way at the other end? it's more of a subliminal deal. it's the bit rate that needs to be higher to get a fuller sound.  unless someone can convince me otherwise. 

So do you record 44.1k or 48k?     I ask because I'm not sure its theres really much point in having the convert to burn to cd later.  Does that make sense?

for a nice timely answer  ;D,

i do 44.1. i'm pretty sure that somewere in my chain it would get converted automaticly(i haven't tried). i don't think i would hear any inprovement in sound if there is one. when i upgade to a lappy and can do 24 bit, i'll probly switch to 48 or even 96, but i just don't see the point until then.

not trying to bring back any head aches, just answer a ?. i understand a lot better now and since i currently run dat(16 bit), i see no real advantage in going to 48k.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Ray76

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2005, 09:34:15 AM »
I may get good at recording someday, but somehow I think I will never understand what I know, if you get what i mean. theorems , theorys, frequencies and all that mathematical stuff make me queasy. I keep reading that folks with music degrees are supposed to be adept at math and engineering talk, since basically music is math based, but I mustve missed that day.

??? :P

+T to yall that can comprehend that stuff.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com