Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Overkill for a novice?  (Read 8903 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Overkill for a novice?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 01:47:31 PM »
well put Matt

really the gear is lowpriced, midpriced, and highpriced and once you buy into one of those levels you can generally buy and sell gear at little to no loss.... the initial buy-in can be tough but once you're in the amount of new money you need to put into the hobby is relatively minimal.

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 01:49:14 PM »
well put Matt

really the gear is lowpriced, midpriced, and highpriced and once you buy into one of those levels you can generally buy and sell gear at little to no loss.... the initial buy-in can be tough but once you're in the amount of new money you need to put into the hobby is relatively minimal.

BTW Tim, hows the readin comin???;)
Ray

Offline Tim

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 01:52:09 PM »
it sucks

I wish I had in class finals, 3 hours and it's done... instead I had to write 3 papers and do 2 two week take homes

I just want it to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Ray76

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 02:39:37 PM »
it sucks

I wish I had in class finals, 3 hours and it's done... instead I had to write 3 papers and do 2 two week take homes

Damn tim, poor bastard.  :( Makes me not miss college at all. Seemed like an awful ot of work to me to get my bachelors. I feel your pain..+T

Ray

Offline Tim

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 02:47:59 PM »
backatcha bud

Ray76

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 02:49:46 PM »
backatcha bud

thanks counselor. Let me know when you finish, cuz ive got about 50 or so more volumes to send you. in the process of converting all paperbacks to hard.

Ray

Offline Timmy!

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 03:17:43 PM »
Just because I"m curious....

what did your first rig consist of? 

Offline Tim

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 03:22:13 PM »
me?

akg 391->b18->d8
akg391->dmic20->d8
akg391->mv100->apogee ad500e
neumann k150->minime
neumann u89->minime, I also ran V3, an m148/modsbm1, v2minime, and m148/v3
now I run dpa4061->mma6000

all over the course of 6+ years... I ran the bluelines for about 3 years

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 03:22:27 PM »
sony 909A microphone -> Sony MD recorder.  $200 (approximately) spent, $35 of which I have recouped.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 03:26:50 PM »

akg 391/3->b18->marantz pmd430

the water's clean and innocent

Offline Tim

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 03:31:09 PM »

akg 391/3->b18->marantz pmd430

d00d.... nice selection :)

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »

SM58 > line transformer > 1/4 splitter or SBD > teac 3head tape deck w/ line input and level on the front.  ~95
various borrowd mics > tascam 4track
various borrowed mics > tascam 8track
no rig (4 years)
mk012 > ua5 > JB3
akg481 > ua5 > jb3
akg 481/3 > borrowed pre > modSBM1 > JB3

current: akg 463 > borrowed pre > modSBM1 > JB3

~month or two out: ck61/63 > jk labs > sd722
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2005, 03:53:24 PM »
it sucks

Damn tim, poor bastard.  :( Makes me not miss college at all. Seemed like an awful ot of work to me to get my bachelors. I feel your pain..+T

Ray

That ain't shit considering the grand scheme of things.  I'm by no means trying to belittle the amount of work you gotta do.  I remember my last week with finals/projects/papers/presentations.  I thought'd it'd never die.  However, when it's all done - that's the scary part.  Real life sucks!
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Ray76

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 04:06:47 PM »
it sucks

Ray

That ain't shit considering the grand scheme of things.  I'm by no means trying to belittle the amount of work you gotta do.  I remember my last week with finals/projects/papers/presentations.  I thought'd it'd never die.  However, when it's all done - that's the scary part.  Real life sucks!

Aint that the damn truth. Why do you think im in the Military?? ;D

Ray

Offline Tim

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 04:15:26 PM »
it sucks

Ray

That ain't shit considering the grand scheme of things. I'm by no means trying to belittle the amount of work you gotta do. I remember my last week with finals/projects/papers/presentations. I thought'd it'd never die. However, when it's all done - that's the scary part. Real life sucks!

these aren't some undergrad papers that you can bang out in a night, and when they give you 2 weeks to take a test you'll need all 14 days. this is a little more strenous than getting my bachelors degree :P

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.357 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com