Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update  (Read 55145 times)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
Re: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 07:24:14 PM »
if I used one of these at a festi I would stash for lappie at the car, and dump the cards onto it....yea., $660 is a lot, but I easily spent that much on DATs in one year and if there is one thing I have learned about this technology, wait a bit and that card will be $150 before you know it....a few 2GB cards will work fine for now
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 07:28:51 PM »
...looks like the wave of the future is knocking on our taper doorsteps.  who's gonna answer?
where do I sign up?
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline chitaper

• Taperssection Regular
  • Taper. Skeptic.
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 07:41:19 PM »
i may have to buy one of these suckers and a few 2 or 4 GB flash drives...
Or just get one 4GB card for now, and if you have another show to tape dump the first show on one of these. That should work, no?

I'm on the list, I ain't putting another dime into fixing my flaky dat decks!

Offline Unitmonster

• Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 07:45:28 PM »
awesome. Can't wait for this.  I think I'll let the 1st generation get out there while I save for a 4-gig card, and then pick one up. JB3 seems to be treating me ok for now.
AT853rx (c,sc,o)> Fostex FR2-LE (Busman T-Mod)

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 11:45:28 PM »
just spoke to M-Audio and here is the latest:

- First 1000 Shipping at the end of June for delivery in early July
Only 1000?
How can I get one for sure? (I am in the Netherlands)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2005, 05:55:21 AM »
#24 on cascade's list.  i probly wont be getting in on the first release huh?  >:(

We are at the top of their list for first orders and I expect to get a significant amount of these as soon as they ship which should fill the current wait list and more.  I do not think this will be like Sound Devices where we get a few at a time.   

- Frank

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2005, 09:13:23 AM »
$399!!!???
i think i may have to get on this
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 11:18:06 AM »
i may have to buy one of these suckers and a few 2 or 4 GB flash drives...
Or just get one 4GB card for now, and if you have another show to tape dump the first show on one of these. That should work, no?

I'm on the list, I ain't putting another dime into fixing my flaky dat decks!

it would work - though, I do have a laptop I could offload things to at a festival - get 2 X 4GB cards and just use one at a time. I wonder what sort of DC power it will take - maybe 6v or 5v? 5v, just like the JB3, but probably a lot less current draw without a HDD?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 11:26:44 AM by keepongoin' »
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 11:33:54 AM »
Good deal on the update, looking forward to this!

I think the answer to the storage dilemma is a portable USB OTG ("on-the-go") drive.  I just picked up this one.

Hopefully it will work out.   I want one anyway to transfer my photo files from my CF card while on the road.  This way I won't need to plunk down more $ for expensive CF cards.  Once I get it, I'll test it out and report back.  But from the look of it, it is definitely the ticket.  $80 for a portable, battery-powered external 30gb hard drive that can act as a host controller.  At only 5" x 3.25" x 1", it is easy enough to bring into the field with you.  On-board Li-ion battery is supposed to last for 2 hours, but you can always hook up something like the power runner li-ion battery and get gobs of run time on it (20 hours?).  With this gadget, you could probably squeeze by with two 2gb CF cards.  Even in a festival setting, the OTG drive, a 2gb card, and a 4gb card should be plenty.

BTW, more description of this device:
Introducing the latest HighSpeed USB 2.0 OTG (ON-THE-GO) technology allow you Synchronize/Backup your entire data files from almost any of the USB devices to this Cintre DATASync USB 2.0 OTG External Hard Drive. Just transfer your data files by single press of the button without connect via your computer. The dual-role USB2.0 OTG Drive works as a regular USB 2.0 hard disk when connected to a PC and doubles as a USB 2.0 Host that can initiate file transfer from your Digital Camera, USB flash drive, Card Reader, and MP3 player... etc without going through a computer. The USB2.0 OTG Drive provides a fast and easy way to add more storage space to both your computer and USB/USB2.0 storage devices or Digital Camera.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 11:45:33 AM »
that is a great deal, todd. +T
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 11:47:17 AM »
How do you clear files off the CF drive after transferring them? I didn't see that as an option for the OTG drive. Can most devices (hopefully this included) format CF cards?
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline krebsy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005, 11:54:38 AM »
Typically, the best place to format the cards is in the device they will be used in (i.e. this m audio device, your camera, etc)
"Two wrongs don't make a right. Three rights make a left."

Offline gewwang

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2005, 11:56:53 AM »
The R-1 lets you format the card in the device. I'm pretty confident this one will as well.

Offline Tenn Man

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 11:59:20 AM »
Does anyone know if this will have a remote to control recording?

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 12:02:06 PM »

I think the answer to the storage dilemma is a portable USB OTG ("on-the-go") drive.  I just picked up this one.

funny...the 30gig version is less expensive than the 20gig version

it does look like a good solution for cf space limitations.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.224 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com