Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New computer or new mics?  (Read 8676 times)

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: New computer or new mics?
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2005, 04:53:57 PM »
I agree get the LD's and try to find a oade mod UA-5 >:D

dont he have an oade mod one?or is it homebrewed? >:D

at4050s and v3 >:D

I have a digi mod that I think Chanher did.  If I saw one of the oade mods up on the yard sale I would snag it(not just digi mod of course)

Everyone keeps reccomending LDs but I was under the impression that they are not so good for audience stuff FOB and such, but they are more suited for on stage taping.  What's up with that?
Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

Offline neumannkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2005, 05:08:50 PM »
Well they arent low pro, so that doesnt make them great for FOB when you trying to be low key. IMHO they make great recordings FOB, onstage, and even from the section.To me they actually warm the sound a little so I think they would be matched well with a transparent pre.Also you have to like how versatile they can be with switchable patterns.
 I suggest you listen to some shows recorded with various types to get a better understanding. You can find many recordings made with various LDs on the archive.org
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 05:14:03 PM by neumannkid »

Ray76

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2005, 05:10:02 PM »
Well they arent low pro, so that doesnt make them great for FOB when you trying to be low key. IMHO they make great recordings FOB, onstage, and even fromt he section.To me they actually warm the sound a little so I think they would be matched well with a transparent pre.Also you have to like how versital they can be with switchable patterns.
 I suggest you listen to some shows recorded with various types to get a better understanding. You can find many recordings made with various LDs on the archive.org

and I dont think there are many made with the 4050s, so if you want to hear them, i have smoking tapes made with them.

Ray

Offline Bdifr78

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2005, 01:02:43 AM »
Well they arent low pro, so that doesnt make them great for FOB when you trying to be low key. IMHO they make great recordings FOB, onstage, and even fromt he section.To me they actually warm the sound a little so I think they would be matched well with a transparent pre.Also you have to like how versital they can be with switchable patterns.

and I dont think there are many made with the 4050s, so if you want to hear them, i have smoking tapes made with them.

Ray

I'd be interested in checking out some samples.

Ray76

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2005, 08:37:03 AM »

Ray

I'd be interested in checking out some samples.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=47076

Check out this tape, no editing at all done, cept for track marks.it smokes.
Ray

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2005, 01:02:29 PM »

Ray

I'm at work and see only one seed.  If that's you Ray, hold out cuz I wanna start the DL when I get home, if ya don't mind.  ;D
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Ray76

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2005, 02:44:19 PM »

Ray

I'm at work and see only one seed.  If that's you Ray, hold out cuz I wanna start the DL when I get home, if ya don't mind.  ;D

this is me, indeed.

Ray

my other tape made with these is on there too. Considering the room we were in(a metal cave basically) it sounds damn good
look under my profile there.

Offline Bdifr78

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2005, 04:07:14 PM »

Ray

this is me, indeed.

Ray

my other tape made with these is on there too. Considering the room we were in(a metal cave basically) it sounds damn good
look under my profile there.

I don't have a log in for Dime...

So far I have been listening to a few different rigs to help me make my decision, and I have gone back and listened to some stuff I have had for a while that I never bothered to see what equipment was being used(before taping), and I am starting to firm up the idea that I am definately gonna get some mics for my birthday and probably buy myself a nice computer in a month or so.  But I still haven't really decided on mics, there are so many that I really dig.  Right now if I go sd I am thinking AKG 480s with cards and hypers(I still am extremely impressed by their sound after listening to a bunch of different mics), but I haven't been able to find a recording with those mics and a non-oade mod UA5.  If I go LD I really like the way the ADK TLs sound with the UA5, but am also considering sticking with Studio Projects and going with the C3s. 

How do you all go about searching for recordings with the exact rig you wanna hear?

Thanks again for all the suggestions and advice!

Joe

Offline Tall Adam

• The Artist Formerly Known as GQJSP
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2005, 04:09:42 PM »
go onto archive.org and type in the parts you wanna hear...for example if you type in 483 v3 youll find a plehtora of sources with those two components

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com