Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CDWav Question  (Read 5310 times)

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: CDWav Question
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 06:48:08 PM »
THANK Teddy for the guidance  :D :D :D

neil in san marcos

No problem.I lovesamplitude... If youve got samplitude, you dont really need anything else. It is one of the best pc mastering/recording solutions out there. Only step up would be sequoia, its big brother . (I hope to get it soon)

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 07:39:10 PM »

neil in san marcos

No problem.I lovesamplitude... If youve got samplitude, you dont really need anything else. It is one of the best pc mastering/recording solutions out there. Only step up would be sequoia, its big brother . (I hope to get it soon)

teddy-dont you think its kinda clunky and slow compared to wavelab and even soundforge tho?

i have used it in the past, I think i used studio and master 6.0
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RebelRebel

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »
Not at all. It does use more system resources(it is a more powerful interface) but if you have enough RAM, I would reccomend Samp. over any of those. It especially shines in multi-track mixing and editing. It has a bit of a learning curve, but well worth it , IMHO. After I get familiar with this one, I plan to grab sequoia v8. The guy that designs it is an audioengineer , so he really has the best interests of the audio community in mind.

neil in san marcos

teddy-dont you think its kinda clunky and slow compared to wavelab and even soundforge tho?

i have used it in the past, I think i used studio and master 6.0

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 10:32:19 PM »
I would reccomend Samp. over any of those. It especially shines in multi-track mixing and editing. It has a bit of a learning curve, but well worth it , IMHO.

I'm very familiar with Audition, somewhat familiar with Wavelab, and not at all familiar with Soundforge and Samplitude.  What does Samplitude do that the others do not, or perhaps do better than the other apps I mention?  Curious about your first-hand experience and whether you've run any comparisons to determine which features, functions you like best?  I know when I ran my dither comparison I had very specific preferences regarding results and/or user interface.  But the results had more to do with plugins rather than the apps themselves, though of course there were differences in the built-in dither algos (only Wavelab and Audition built-in dither, if I recall).  I've not yet done an SRC comparison yet, but may soon.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RebelRebel

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 09:16:04 AM »
Hey Brian,
I havent done specific scientific comps, but I do like the multi-tracking of Samplitude better, the included POW-R dither algorithm, the "real time" non destructive editing options(no render!),and most of all, I love the fact that samplitude has no filesize limitation for edits. With my ears it *seems* that tracks produced from samplitude sound better(my monitors arent the best, (used yamaha ns-1000s)(and it also seemed like the native SRC scheme in samplitude sounded better). Not science I know...the only definite(non-subjective) *concrete* advantage that samplitude has over wavelab is the Multi-Track recording. (well, and the included POW-R dither (on any after v7) )It does have a massive learning curve , and ive spent quite a few hours trying to wrap my brain around it. Professionals use both, and they are both highly regarded, so you cant go wrong either way. Brian, I guess I shouldve said that if you are going to do multi-track recording/editing, I would reccomend samplitude over the others..(though I do use it for 2 ch stereo tracking as well now)
SRC Comp: http://src.infinitewave.ca/   

I would reccomend Samp. over any of those. It especially shines in multi-track mixing and editing. It has a bit of a learning curve, but well worth it , IMHO.

I'm very familiar with Audition, somewhat familiar with Wavelab, and not at all familiar with Soundforge and Samplitude.  What does Samplitude do that the others do not, or perhaps do better than the other apps I mention?  Curious about your first-hand experience and whether you've run any comparisons to determine which features, functions you like best?  I know when I ran my dither comparison I had very specific preferences regarding results and/or user interface.  But the results had more to do with plugins rather than the apps themselves, though of course there were differences in the built-in dither algos (only Wavelab and Audition built-in dither, if I recall).  I've not yet done an SRC comparison yet, but may soon.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 09:20:14 AM by Teddy »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com