Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sonosax MINIR82 Press Conference July 4th  (Read 11865 times)

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Sonosax MINIR82 Press Conference July 4th
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:42:22 PM »
It's still $6,000 so it's about $4000 more than I'd be willing to pay.

http://sonosax.ch/July%204-2006.pdf

SONOSAX SAS SA, Chemin de la Naz 38, 1052 Le Mont-sur-Lausanne, Suisse
Tél. 021 651 01 01, Fax 021 651 01 09, Email sonosax@sonosax.ch
On Tuesday, July 4 2006, SONOSAX will present:
MINIR82, the smallest professional multitrack audio recorder, available from July 4.2006
The SONOSAX SX-ST, the new standard for On Location mixing console
MINIR82
Despite its reduced size, the MINIR82 offers all functionalities and features required in professional mobile
sound recording.
Equipped with a CompactFlash Card, an internal Hard Disk and high end microphone preamplifiers the
MINIR82 can record up to 8 tracks on a very simple but professional manner, and thank's to its intuitive Menu
structure its use is with the range of all.
With its reduced dimensions and weighting only 430 gramms, it easily fits in a pocket. As comparison,
equivalent modern portable recorder are about 10x bigger in size, weighting at least 4 kilos.
Also to be mentionned that in the 80's, an 8 track recorder weighted dozen's of kilos and were found almost
exclusively in recording studios.
SONOSAX SX-ST
Between 1983 and 2005, the most commonly used mixing table for on location productions was the
SONOSAX SX-S. Its quality and reliability are so high that most of these machines are still on duty.
In 2002, the first drawing of the SONOSAX SX-ST came up and the first deliveries took place during october
Available from 1 to 10 chanels, with or without digital converter, she maintains the usual modularity of
SONOSAX mixing consoles.
We can now proudly confirm that our new mixing console is replacing its legendary grand sisters in
becoming the new worldwide standard, since it was proven reliable during shootings such as James Bond,
Déjà Vu, Lucky You, Desperation - adaptation of Stephen King novels – as well as during some Disney
productions in New Zealand
For the press:
Jacques Sax will be at your disposal from 2:00pm to answer all your questions and give any required
information.
A press conference will start a 4:00 pm followed by an aperitif at around 5:00 pm
Please confirm your attendance by fax, e-mail or phone by June 29. latest.

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Sonosax MINIR82 Press Conference July 4th
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 01:51:54 AM »
6 months late?? :)
What about that 2-track version?

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 12:40:47 PM »
Okay it's finally coming tomorrow.

But the French language manual on their web site seems to indicate it will just stop recording when it reaches the 4 GB file size limit.  This is better than the MT 2 GB limit, but still pretty lame.  I sure hope they say it ain't so.

Jeff

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »
Note to self: Go buy lottery tickets. ;D
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline Rick

• My Recordings
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 02:49:06 PM »
SONOSAX MINIR82-MUSIC Set
8 Tracks Hard-disk and CF Card Digital Recorder incl. 2x 8pin BINDER connector 1x AES/EBU connector
2x Cardioid Mic. SONOSAX M4 made by SCHOEPS for SONOSAX with 4m. cable and
Binder, Support STCg, Clamp SG20, TC, 2x windscreens B5D

$8,950

Looks like the MINIR82/MINIR2 uses a BINDER connector

How cool would MK4>KCY>MINIR2 be!  :o

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 02:51:21 PM by Rick »
Retired Taper

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »
Do you have a link for the new info?  I can't find anything on their web site, and they haven't answered my email.  This looks like they have combined the Schoeps caps and active cable with the equivalent of their lemosax preamp as front end in that wee box.

But $8950?  Yikes.

Jeff

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 03:58:02 PM »
Do you have a link for the new info?  I can't find anything on their web site, and they haven't answered my email.  This looks like they have combined the Schoeps caps and active cable with the equivalent of their lemosax preamp as front end in that wee box.

But $8950?  Yikes.

Jeff

Keep in mind, this is the 8 track version. We're still waiting to see what the 2 analog track version is going to cost or if it is even going to come out.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 02:15:28 PM »
Okay, found the pricelist for this on the Sonosax page with various mic packages:

SONOSAX MINIR82               
"SONOSAX MINIR82  8 Tracks Hard-disk and CF Card Digital Recorder
incl. 2x 8pin BINDER connector 1x AES/EBU connector
Bundled with PYRAMIX Native from Merging Technologies"      6   7,800.00   4,900.00   6,000.00

"SONOSAX MINIR82-MUSIC Set same as above but with
2x Cardioid Mic. SONOSAX M4 made by SCHOEPS for SONOSAX with 4m. cable and Binder, Support STCg, Clamp SG20, TC, 2x windscreens B5D"      5   11,600.00   7,300.00   8,950.00

ACCESSORIES for MINIR82               
Binder cable mini connector 8P. Male, no.    SX   9   TBA      
Multipin connector for AES/EBU and TC input   SX   9   TBA      
External DC input connector   SX   9   TBA      
4m. input cable XLR-3F to Binder-8M wired for 48V Phantom Mic.   SX   9   TBA      
4m. input cable XLR-3F to Binder-8M wired for Dynamic Mic.   SX   9   TBA      
NiMH rechargeable battery set for MINIR82 - 1,2V / 2,8Ah (set of 4x AA elements)   SX   9   TBA      
Universal batteries charger for NiCd and NiMH batteries   SX   9   TBA      
Universal power supply, 100-240VAC, 6VDC   SX   9   TBA      
DC/DC Adapter 12VDC to 6VDC   SX   9   TBA      
SANKEN COS-11 mic wired to Binder 8M - with 1,6m cables and acc.   SX   9   TBA      
SANKEN COS-22 stereo  mic wired to Binder 8M - with 1,6m cables and acc.   SX   9   TBA      
DPA 4063-BM mic wired to Binder 8M - with 1,6m cables and acc.   SX   9   TBA      

The DPA4063 is just a 3V version of the 4061s, the Sanken COS11 is the Sanken tiny omni, anyone know what the COS22 is?  I can't find it on the Sanken pages.  [edit: nevermind, found it on google, looks like just a dual capsule lavalier version of two COS11s.

Still no reply from Snosax to my questions on availability of this or the 2 channel version, nor on the seamless new file startup issue.

Jeff
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 02:22:50 PM by WiFiJeff »

Offline CQBert

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Sunset in Zilker Park
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 09:22:01 PM »
When I last corresponded with them I was told that the 82 was the only focus at this time and that bringing it to market was the ONLY goal... that was March 06 -

Where we are today I do not  know..  SD was fairly quick to get 4ch - 2ch versions out and then to add the CF only... we can only hope.

The 2 ch could be one of the best Stealth rigs if it pans out as hoped.

CQBert
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 07:41:09 AM by CQBert »
Sennheiser MKH 8040 (Matched) > Sound Devices 702

RebelRebel

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 07:02:37 AM »
I just talked to Pierre. The 8 channel is out already. 6000 US. The 2 channel may not be released  at all,  as it is not a commercially viable option for the company, with all the cheap 2ch recorders around.

dont hold your breath.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 09:08:38 AM »
I just talked to Pierre.

Was there anything said about how it handles files at the 2 GB or 4 GB limit?  Will it seamlessly start a new file?  Any word anywhere on how it sounds?  None of the US dealers knew anything earlier this week.

Jeff

RebelRebel

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 12:05:10 PM »
I just talked to Pierre.

Was there anything said about how it handles files at the 2 GB or 4 GB limit?  Will it seamlessly start a new file?  Any word anywhere on how it sounds?  None of the US dealers knew anything earlier this week.

Jeff

I didnt ask him that, but expect a call back from him tommorow morning. He was in a hurry today. An engineer I know has the 8ch version so I can ask him how it sounds. I suspect it isnt too far from the m2 , sonically..

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 02:15:56 PM »
I didnt ask him that, but expect a call back from him tommorow morning. He was in a hurry today. An engineer I know has the 8ch version so I can ask him how it sounds. I suspect it isnt too far from the m2 , sonically..

Did you manage to speak with him about these issues yet?  Any feedback from your friend with the machine already in his hot little hands?

Jeff

RebelRebel

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 06:22:33 PM »

Did you manage to speak with him about these issues yet?  Any feedback from your friend with the machine already in his hot little hands?

Jeff

Ive been calling his cell nonstop...I will keep trying. Ive got nothing but time! ( I am on leave!:) )

Offline kennedy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Lezzy 🔥👁👁🖊🍻😘😷😍😷
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 01:52:02 AM »
damn this thing looks pimp....i want one  :P

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com