Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Photographing a wedding  (Read 7785 times)

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Photographing a wedding
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 02:24:02 PM »
In my perfect world, I can shoot raw, crop, and save as raw for the printer so he can have maximum flexibility in color matching.

The above isn't possible. RAW is not a format that one can save to. It is only created using the data directly from the camera's image sensor(s).

Didn't you recently mention being wordy? :)
Out of the game … for now?

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 02:48:21 PM »
In my perfect world, I can shoot raw, crop, and save as raw for the printer so he can have maximum flexibility in color matching.

The above isn't possible. RAW is not a format that one can save to. It is only created using the data directly from the camera's image sensor(s).

Didn't you recently mention being wordy? :)
ha!!!! see what I mean!!!  thanks Matt... that is important info to know.  I'm impressed you actually read it all!

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 07:55:07 PM »
As I'm sitting here thinking about all of this.  it just occured to me that financialy and feature wise that konica-minolta A1 p&s is really what I need with the possible exception of resolution.  Since they are pretty dirt cheap, and they sell quite often on ebay.  I think I will just buy one and take it to the church in question, take a few shots, have them printed and see exactly how they look.  If I don't like the quality or how the camera works I'll just put it back on ebay and probably only loose a few bucks on the deal.  Otherwise I'm going to go nuts trying to weigh all these pros and cons!!!
    I'll post some shots and get some opinions here when I have some samples.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline dgodwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 07:59:50 PM »
don't forget to bring some stand-in's with you, so you can get a good idea of the lighting.  Shooting in an empty church is creepy anyways...

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 10:39:39 PM »
don't forget to bring some stand-in's with you, so you can get a good idea of the lighting.  Shooting in an empty church is creepy anyways...
Yeah... I'll bring a friend or two.  Actually I have a couple of gorgeous female friends I would love to photograph, so this may be a good excuse.  I may just invite myself to a couple of weddings in the church between now and then and get a few shots from my seat w/o flash.  May crash a reception or 2 also  ;D.  I want to watch a couple of pro's doing their thing.  I have been in and seen a number of weddings, but I haven't really payed much attention to the photagrapher for a few years.

Matt

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 02:49:11 AM »
It might be worth it to join the www.fredmiranda.com message board and check out the wedding photography forum.  Could give you some ideas for shots and whatnot at the wedding.  I also like www.dgrin.com - another photography message board, that reminds me a bit of this place, only with photos instead of taping.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 02:51:25 AM »
thanks ed.  +T

Matt

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com