Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: IRIVER HARD DRIVE REPLACEMENT  (Read 12662 times)

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
Re: IRIVER HARD DRIVE REPLACEMENT
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 12:51:55 PM »
I remember sending you a PM about that 60gig 'as-is' seller back then.  Unfortunately, the one they sent me was garbage.  It is the luck of the draw, for sure.

Sorry to give you a bum steer mate - I guess I just got lucky.

I didn't mean to imply that you had recommended the seller or anything, whatboutbob.  I'm glad you got a good hdd.  I've finally made the decision to be happy with the 40gig for now.  I've put almost everything in my CD collection on there (but I had to use the lowest quality mp3 format  :-X)
+T
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline 1westkc3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 09:18:09 AM »
I just purchased a 20g from Computer Giants new for $60 and that included shipping.  a2zcomputers advertised the 30g for $116  but they are currently out of stock.

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 08:08:11 PM »
fyi, I just ordered an 80GB drive for my H340, don't ask me what the price was :o

Offline Chomps

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 03:19:19 PM »
once the new Hard Drive has been installed what needs to be place in the drive?
I want to run rockbox so I know that. Anything else?

Keith
Microtech Gefell m200/M20/M21/nBob Actives>PFA
Microtech Gefell m950
AKG 414 XLII
Telefunken M60/M61/M62
AT853
SD MP 10ii//Edirol R-44/Sony M10

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 04:11:59 PM »
i think just format the drive (fat32!) and you can add the original firmware (if you want to). next step would be installing the modified bootloader (for original fw AND rockbox) and then rockbox.
thats i think, am i wrong?
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:
Microphone Madness HLSC-1 > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

OLD ONE:
Core Sound Low Cost Binaurals + Low Sensivity Option > 9V Battery Box > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

tod3sschu3tze's Live Show & Bootlegs Trading List: http://trade.tod3sschu3tze.de

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 03:41:16 AM »
i think just format the drive (fat32!) and you can add the original firmware (if you want to). next step would be installing the modified bootloader (for original fw AND rockbox) and then rockbox.
thats i think, am i wrong?
The original firmware and rockbox bootloader are in the flash chip, so you only need to unzip the latest rockbox build on the disk (and copy any music you want on it ;) )

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 06:41:22 AM »
+ fonts.
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 08:17:58 AM »
oh nice,
sounds like, copying you rockbox folder from your iriver to your pc's hdd.
then replacing the hdd in the iriver and just copy the rockbox folder again on the iriver.
would mean fonts and even config have been kept.
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:
Microphone Madness HLSC-1 > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

OLD ONE:
Core Sound Low Cost Binaurals + Low Sensivity Option > 9V Battery Box > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

tod3sschu3tze's Live Show & Bootlegs Trading List: http://trade.tod3sschu3tze.de

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 10:35:10 AM »
oh nice,
sounds like, copying you rockbox folder from your iriver to your pc's hdd.
then replacing the hdd in the iriver and just copy the rockbox folder again on the iriver.
would mean fonts and even config have been kept.

yup  ;D

Offline bonzo71

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 08:39:58 PM »
My first post.  I have a Nomad Jukebox 1 and have replaced the hard drive with a compact flash drive.  I'm wonding if this might work well for the iriver?  Here is a link to a 1.8" ide to compact flash adaptor??  Maybe someone will try it out.. 

http://www.papyrus.co.il/Products/cf_adapter_1_3_1_8_44_pin_ide_interface.htm

Flash drive use very little power so the battery should last much longer too.

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 07:21:25 AM »
VERY nice idea, BUT are there any CF-cards bigger than 20GB? otherwise this idea is kind of useless, especially changing the card would mean opening the iriver which is not manageable at a show.
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:

OLD ONE:

Offline bonzo71

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 09:19:48 AM »
No there aren't any 20gb flash cards yet..  16GB are currently the lagest and are expensive at around $185.  4gb are around $38 and will give you 6hrs 23min of recording and 44.1/16.  That should be plenty for most people.  On my JB1, I can record for the whole 6 hrs 23 min with 4 AA's and still have battery power left.  It also seems fix the line-in hard drive noise some people complain about.  I have no idea if this would work as well on an iriver.

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »
My first post.  I have a Nomad Jukebox 1 and have replaced the hard drive with a compact flash drive.  I'm wonding if this might work well for the iriver?

I believe I read on the misticriver forum where someone tried this.  I don't think they were successful for some reason, but it seems like it would be possible.  Like it was stated, I don't see the advantage of doing this mod since the CF cards are smaller & more expensive than an hdd replacement and battery life is not a problem if you install a new 2200mah in the iRiver.  The only time I've heard of hdd noise showing up on the iRiver is if the gain has to be set really high (line-in users only), and I believe the majority of the h1xx users are running them as a bit bucket (digital-in).  Even if your rig was run line-in and you had to set the gain really high, I think there would be more economical solutions in the gear chain than a CF mod.
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com