Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A present from M-audio this morning - MicroTrack firmware 1.4.6  (Read 10045 times)

Offline jtessier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Here's the change list from the Read Me file:

Changes from v1.4.5 to v1.4.6:

- Increased the card interface reset time. This allows cards that require a longer reset time to be recognized properly.
- fixed problem where some cards would erroneously display a media full message when trying to record but then record successfully if recording was immediately attempted again.
- If the MicroTrack was 1) connected to power and 2) was paused during recording and then 3) reached the timeout limit set in auto off, it could lose the recording. In 1.4.6 the MicroTrack will no longer attempt to turn off if plugged into power.

Also, it links to some tutorials on installing the firmware for those that may not have done that before:

A more detailed Mac OS X and Windows specific instruction document with graphics can be viewed on the M-Audio support site here:

Windows XP specific instructions: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=a3d6aa8836ed3debfaa1fa71ebee7065

Mac OS X specific instructions: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=cb0bd1767854c4b3ddd4bd12e2b0a6de

Here's a direct link to the firmware: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&f=776&dl=yes

Happy updating.

J.T.

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: A present from M-audio this morning - MicroTrack firmware 1.4.6
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 01:36:08 PM »
Great! I hated it when it does this:

- fixed problem where some cards would erroneously display a media full message when trying to record but then record successfully if recording was immediately attempted again.

Hope they will correct the forward and rewind feature next.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline jmz93

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:46:59 PM »
Seems like this fixes a couple common stability problems regarding certain memory cards. Installed fine here, works great!

Also got an external battery plus the Sound Pro's low profile audio interface this week ... very happy with the results! That extra 6db or is it 10? from using the 1'4" inputs really helps.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 03:15:40 PM »
This new update has fixed a problem that must have been introduced in a prior upgrade.  When I first got the MT I was using an 8GB Sandisk Ultra II card that worked fine.  Then about 6 months ago I began to get tat-tat-tat noise when using it at 24 bits, but not 16, at any sampling rate.  The card still worked fine at 24/96 in a 722, Marantz 671, Fostex FR2, whatever, but other Sandisk Ultra II 8GB cards or Delkin cards worked fine in the MT, so I bought the M-Audio tech line that the problem was somehow in the card.  Well, with the new firmware the card works fine in the MT at 24/96 again.  So I guess it was the MT firmware after all.  Good thing they didn't admit it, though.  Rowrbazzle.

Jeff

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 05:35:53 PM »
Great! I hated it when it does this:

Hope they will correct the forward and rewind feature next.

I have not noticed a rewind or fast forward problem at all. I admit I only use FF or Rew after a show in the car listening to the show, but it works fine. What is the problem you are experiencing?
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 06:08:14 PM »
when you are playing back a long 24/96 or 24/48 track and push either FW or RW the music pauses as if the MT crashed. But when you release the button it either jumps to the next track or start playing at the point where you started pressing the FW/RW....So it's not really functional. Maybe it's just my MT.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline hawghunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 08:46:19 PM »
I just installed the update, and went to firmware update on the unit. It was doing its thing, then i thought it was rebooting but nothing happened, now it's dead! No power, can't turn on! WTF!   ???
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 09:00:38 PM »
Someone else just went through this.  Look here for recovery steps:
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,79340.msg1058729.html#msg1058729

Good luck!
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 07:07:57 AM »
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 09:31:38 AM »
Someone else just went through this.  Look here for recovery steps:
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,79340.msg1058729.html#msg1058729

Good luck!

+T

Yes, i would have gave a +T, but can't yet. Well I followed all the instructions and nothing worked with the recovery disk. I can't even turn the unit on. Even when I plug in to charge nothing happens. I was going to use it last night, so I figured I should update firmware, what a mistake. Time to call M-Audio.
I'm so pissed right now. I missed something last night, and I'll bet I miss the 3 shows I want to record in 2 weeks. F*&%$

930's > MMe

Offline busterr

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 09:57:44 AM »
Hey Hawghunter,
Same thing has happened to mine, went to update and everything went fine until it tried to reboot and, nothing. I've also tried the recovery steps in that link but no luck. I'm going to try to get guitar center to exchange it but i'm not convinced they'll be to helpfull.
Glad I haven't ditched my d8 yet since I suspect the MT is effectively dead.
I'll post back if I get any answers.

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »
Thats where I bought mine, let me know what they say.
I just called M-Audio and they want the unit back. Just great, they said 3-4 weeks turnaround, WTF  >:(!!! I don't even know what to say now except F&^%$, looks like I'll miss the recordings I wanted to make in 2 weeks.

930's > MMe

Offline busterr

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 01:18:34 PM »

hawghunter,
I suggest taking it to guitar center first, they just gave me a new one. Let them know that you cannot wait 3-4 weeks and to check w/ their(gc's) local m-audio rep. M-audio gennerally just ships out a new unit anyway, so there shouldn't be any reason why your guitar center couldn't expidite that for you as well.
Good Luck

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »
busterr024,
when did you buy yours, mine was like 6+ months ago. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try that first.
Did you try to update the firmware yet in the new unit?

930's > MMe

Offline busterr

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 01:28:32 PM »
I got it about two months ago.

No i haven't tried it yet. It's actually still getting that first charge. I am a little hesitant though. I must say i believe the problem for me was caused by still having a wav file on the cf card i used to do the update w/. (oops)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com