Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A present from M-audio this morning - MicroTrack firmware 1.4.6  (Read 10042 times)

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: A present from M-audio this morning - MicroTrack firmware 1.4.6
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 05:57:07 PM »
Can anyone confirm the update fixed the 'media is full' message issue, when record is pressed with a transcend 8 gig 120x CF card. Maybe this card is still a problem. I quess that's what this thread is for. Not the nice present 'busterr024' and I got, when our units went into the crapper.

I've successfully updated my new mt with the m-audio cf card. Ran some tests with the 8gig transcend card and Did Not get "media is full" message as i did previously. So the update appears to have solved that. Other than the media full thing and trying to update with it, I've never had any issues with the 8gig card.

8gig 120x transcend for me as well. Might be on to something there.

Hmm. was it this card? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208050

I just want to kind of know what it visually looks like too in case I run across one.

Was your MT plugged into USB or the AC power pack?  Mine was on USB.

Thanks,

P.S. Mine updated fine with a SanDisk 8GB Ultra II card.

J.T.

Yep, that is the one.
I plugged it into the AC right before I actually started updating it. I'm not sure why I didn't format the card though. I still think that may have had something to do with it.

The instructions mention reformatting first, so that may be a big part of why you had your problem. The only file that should be on the card prior to the firmware being placed on it, it the tmp file that MT places on the card. If that is missing, or if there are other files remaining, the likelyhood for a crash is greatly increased.

I confess that I did not reformat, but the only file I had on the card was the tmp file. I had deleted all my recordings and the upgrade was fine. I use an old slow sandisc 4gb card that has never had any issues with the MT.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline hawghunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 08:20:02 PM »
Not the case here, I did the reformat as the instuctions said. I just double checked whats on the card; the tmp folder and the three files to update. So I don't know what the deal is.  The only thing I can think of is 'don't use the 8gig transcend CF card to do this update.'  It's just getting worse for me, I can't find the receipt, which will be needed to return. Oh well, nevermind.
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

Offline rreidiii

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 08:37:07 PM »
The GC here in San Diego rocks, I have returned mine 3 times and they just hand me a new box no questions asked. As for the up dates I always save them to my desktop unzip them and transfer them to a CF card in the computer. Take the card out and stick it into the mt and do the firmware upgrade. Never had an issue with that as yet.

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 11:25:34 PM »
I have returned mine 3 times and they just hand me a new box no questions asked.

WOW, you returned your MT 3X !!!!??  :o

Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline hawghunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »
No luck @ GC in Arlinton Heights, IL (I guess they don't rock). Back to M-Audio. :-X
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 06:00:41 PM »
Had to send mine back to M-Audio once.  Had it back the next week. 
Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

Offline rreidiii

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 11:25:25 PM »
yup 3x's the first time I cannot remember what it was for but the manager was bent that I got it for the $299 price thanx to some of the folks here. So he aid if I buy the 3 year extended warranty for $40-$50 bucks he'd do it. Since I figured I was already ahead of the game I went for it. I got home and opened the box and found it was a European model with no U.S wal-wart so I took it back. The last time I had some charging issues i.e. it wouldn't charge so I took it back as soon as the guy who sold it to me saw it n my hand he just went and got a new box. This the first time in my life I bought an extended warranty and it has paid off.

As for M-Audio, I bought one of those 10db pads, I called them several times twice I was on hold for over an hour. Finally I called on morning before I was about to quit calling (my time is too valuable to waste over a $19 POS) I got through. The tech asked me the problem and then proceeded to ask if I had a copy of my receipt when I said no he replied that there was nothing he could do. He did however politely told me that he could let me know where the closest location was so I could buy another one. At this point I VERY politely asked to speak to his supervisor and he replied just a moment. Shortly the supervisor came on and just after he introduced himself I just laid into him, he interrupted me after 45 seconds of my verbal assault and said I'm sorry Mr. Reid we will overnite you a new one right now. Sure enough there is was when I got home. So I am somewhat on the fence about their customer service and will probably never deal directly with them again, GC with extended warranty.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 06:39:39 PM »
has anyone had any trouble (outside of the trans8gb) doing the upgrade with a card that gave you trouble in 1.4.5?
such as saying media is full, needing to hit record twice

just wondering if all cards or just the trans8gb will cause trouble during the upgrade
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com