Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PA Buzz-Is there a way to remove it?  (Read 8329 times)

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PA Buzz-Is there a way to remove it?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2007, 09:11:49 AM »
Try the Audacity "Noise Removal" feature...

You'll need to find a section of the recording that has just the PA noise to use a the sample for the Removal process...

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2007, 07:51:55 PM »

Does it irritate anyone else when there is a ground loop and they don't even try to find it?
I just want to go up to the soundman and just "say will you fix that already?"
Drives me crazy fortunately I haven't had to deal with that too much recording. Only a few instances and they were bar bands so I guess it's to be expected?

More often than not there is little they can do about it.  There have been plenty of times when Ive mixed shows where the ground loop hum was there all through soundcheck.  I would spend almost the whole time between soundcheck and doors trying to find it by using an AC lift on the gear, then using an XLR lift on the gear that doesnt have a built in lift.  All to no avail.  Or for another example, you soundcheck and evrything sounds fine.  Then when the show starts there is a nasty hum because they have plugged in some light or appliance that wasnt plugged in or turned on during soundcheck. If you are in a smaller place where they dont have a dedicated power leg used solely by the sound system then it happens alot.  Dirty power sucks.   Happens all the time. Bigger clubs, or the smaller ones that give a darn, have a dedicated power leg into a conditioner for nice clean power.

I'm glad you said that before I did.
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »

More often than not there is little they can do about it.  There have been plenty of times when Ive mixed shows where the ground loop hum was there all through soundcheck.  I would spend almost the whole time between soundcheck and doors trying to find it by using an AC lift on the gear, then using an XLR lift on the gear that doesnt have a built in lift.  All to no avail.  Or for another example, you soundcheck and evrything sounds fine.  Then when the show starts there is a nasty hum because they have plugged in some light or appliance that wasnt plugged in or turned on during soundcheck. If you are in a smaller place where they dont have a dedicated power leg used solely by the sound system then it happens alot.  Dirty power sucks.   Happens all the time. Bigger clubs, or the smaller ones that give a darn, have a dedicated power leg into a conditioner for nice clean power.

I'm glad you said that before I did.

Had to be done.  It's hard painful truth :P
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com