Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Weird Microtrack issue last night  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • beep boop
Weird Microtrack issue last night
« on: May 18, 2007, 01:28:29 PM »
Hello all,

So, taped the Biscuits at Higher Ground last night, but with about 1 minute left in the 2nd set, I looked down & my MT's green signal lights were both out. I tried to start it up again, but it kept saying 'Media full' & wouldn't start. I've gotten that Media Full message in the past, and usually just hitting record again fixes it, but no such luck. I even turned it off all the way, turned off the battery pack & restarted it & I was still getting the message. I'm using a 2gb CF card, and recording at 16/44.1, and the set was 1:38 long when it went down.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated! I plan on reformatting both cards tonight just in case.....
In: AT853>PMD620
Out: PC>MOTU Ultralite AVB>M-Audio BX8a/Grace m900

DAW: Ableton Live 10

My LMA Recordings

Offline jtessier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Weird Microtrack issue last night
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:31:54 PM »
Hello all,

So, taped the Biscuits at Higher Ground last night, but with about 1 minute left in the 2nd set, I looked down & my MT's green signal lights were both out. I tried to start it up again, but it kept saying 'Media full' & wouldn't start. I've gotten that Media Full message in the past, and usually just hitting record again fixes it, but no such luck. I even turned it off all the way, turned off the battery pack & restarted it & I was still getting the message. I'm using a 2gb CF card, and recording at 16/44.1, and the set was 1:38 long when it went down.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated! I plan on reformatting both cards tonight just in case.....

First question is what firmware version are you running? Earlier firmwares have been known to do this.

J.T.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 01:50:14 AM »
Hello all,

First question is what firmware version are you running? Earlier firmwares have been known to do this.

J.T.
And what type of CF card?
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • beep boop
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 10:55:05 AM »
Firmware is the most current, 1.4.5 I think?

There are 2 kinds of CFC's, can't remember the brands off hand- but I've used them both plenty of times before with no problems.

The day after the show, I set up my rig to try replicating the problem, and could not get the MT to 'see' the coax signal coming from the FastTrack. The unit powered on, went to the record screen, and when I hit record, the counter appeared, but was not moving, it just stayed in 'Record' and the timer stayed at 0:00:00. I stuck a friend MT at the end of the chain, and his worked fine, so the problem has to be the MT, right? Well, then I stuck my MT at the end of HIS rig (v3>ad2k), and it picked up the signal just fine. So that night I taped the whole show with my stuff, no problem. Next night, I get to the Calvin, and the MT won't pick up a signal again. Very weird stuff.
In: AT853>PMD620
Out: PC>MOTU Ultralite AVB>M-Audio BX8a/Grace m900

DAW: Ableton Live 10

My LMA Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com