Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CAFS omni>R-09 question  (Read 2398 times)

Offline sparkjockey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
CAFS omni>R-09 question
« on: April 16, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »
I just sent Chris Church a pm with this same question, but I'll put it out here on the board too in case I don't hear from him in time. This weekend I was going to use my new CAFS omni's with my R-09 and battery box, but just read on a thread in the retail section that my battery box will damage the mics as it 12 volt. My question is when running these mics directly in to the R-09, should I go mic-in or line in? Thanks for any help or advice.

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: CAFS omni>R-09 question
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:24:04 PM »
Line-in if it's an average loud show.  Didn't know about the 12V issue with the CAFS Omni mics... but then again I don't own any so why would I...  :P

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 01:13:06 AM »
DO NOT use the 12v battery box.  It'll kill your mics.  If you don't have a 9v BB....  you will have to go into the mic input...  but that will only work if the R-09 provided "plug-in-power" (I'm not familiar with the R-09).  But I'm pretty sure that the line-in will not provide the mics with any power.  Mic-in (if the R-09 has "plug-in-power") or 9volt battery box!  The plug-in-power should provide enough power to run the CAFS....  but at high SPL's, there might be a bit of distortion...  but it does not provide enough power to run them at their full ability.  Get a BB from Church when you're able.

Good luck...  I'm diggin my CAFS so far!!!
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 03:36:19 AM »
DO NOT use the 12v battery box.  It'll kill your mics.  If you don't have a 9v BB....  you will have to go into the mic input...  but that will only work if the R-09 provided "plug-in-power" (I'm not familiar with the R-09).  But I'm pretty sure that the line-in will not provide the mics with any power.  Mic-in (if the R-09 has "plug-in-power") or 9volt battery box!  The plug-in-power should provide enough power to run the CAFS....  but at high SPL's, there might be a bit of distortion...  but it does not provide enough power to run them at their full ability.  Get a BB from Church when you're able.

Good luck...  I'm diggin my CAFS so far!!!
Try mic-in, plug-in-power.  This has worked great for me with the CAFS.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:57:29 AM »
Try mic-in, plug-in-power. 

Oh right, plug-in power... d'oh!

:P

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 09:32:45 AM »
I just sent Chris Church a pm with this same question, but I'll put it out here on the board too in case I don't hear from him in time. This weekend I was going to use my new CAFS omni's with my R-09 and battery box, but just read on a thread in the retail section that my battery box will damage the mics as it 12 volt. My question is when running these mics directly in to the R-09, should I go mic-in or line in? Thanks for any help or advice.

As others have said plug in power in a pinch will work fine. I have designed the mics to be happy with 9 volts but they will work on 4 volts that the edirol puts out. With a decreased max spl.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.141 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com