Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone taping the Nathanson/Howie/OAR shows?  (Read 3877 times)

taperkat

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone taping the Nathanson/Howie/OAR shows?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2004, 04:39:02 PM »
talk to the OAR guys after the show, and tell them about what happened re: crowd. More often than not, get there early, tell them you're taping. you can either grab a patch, get in the cage, or they'll tell the crowd to STFU so your tape will be better....

one reason I now love them rather than don't.

Offline Ccronks

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 01:12:45 AM »
talk to the OAR guys after the show, and tell them about what happened re: crowd. More often than not, get there early, tell them you're taping. you can either grab a patch, get in the cage, or they'll tell the crowd to STFU so your tape will be better....

one reason I now love them rather than don't.

Yeah, I remember going to an OAR show where I had to sneak all the stuff in, but the OAR crew was still more than happy to give me a patch :)

Offline Rand0mRoll77

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2004, 02:34:52 AM »
if the venue gives you shit bringing in gear to an o.a.r. show tell them to contact go ask jp(sound guy) or joel(tour manager) about their taping policy and you should be fine, it also helps to bring a hard copy of their taping policy from www.etree.oarfans.com to show security if they give you shit

and as long as your mics are atleast 11ft up you should be fine, i taped them 7/10 in chicago and there is lots of crowd noise but no chatter during songs you just hear the audience singing along at some points, it captures the audience energy and participation, i used to tape soundboards but they just sound empty now, you should try to do a matrix or record sbd and aud seperatley then mix after the show, i was very satisfied with my 7/10 recording

get your mics up high and you'll be fine, and watch your stand carefully the drunk idiots love knocking them over

mp3 stream of my recording http://www.archive.org/download/oar2004-07-10.flac16/oar2004-07-10.flac16_vbr.m3u

etree page (lossless, source info) : http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=16289

Offline Elana

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2004, 05:12:32 AM »
If you want to bring home your gear in the condition you took it in, I would recommend (a) not flying mics @ an o.a.r. show (b) taking the patch - they have a patchbox with xlr, rca, and 1/4" outs, and (c) if you want to run mics, get a bunch of big guys to surround you and your gear to protect it from everyone else.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com