Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ? for video tapers  (Read 1594 times)

Offline kmclain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
? for video tapers
« on: January 04, 2005, 04:35:41 PM »
i don't even know if there are any video guys on here, but figure there has to be at least a couple that can answer my question. 

I just got a camera and want to tape a show next week (already have permission, no balls for stealth)

The only set back that may prevent me from doing it is the tripod, which I do not have.  The only one I found at best buy that is tall enough is like $90, which I do not have right now. 

Is it possible to get a clamp for a video camera to put on a mic stand????  If so, would this even work? 

If I do this, I'll have to get leehookem21 to run audio (haven't even mentioned it to him yet, so it may be a moot point) and he's got one of those huge ass mic stands (you guys probably know which one I'm talking about, I think it is actually made as a stand for lights) - if this clamp exists, would the mic stand still be sturdy, or would the weight of the camera make the whole stand unstable?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Also - I got some info from a guy on phishhook about software for video > audio sync, but phook is now down, so I can't open that thread up.  What software do you guys use?

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Re: ? for video tapers
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 10:55:36 PM »
personally if someone's got your back audio-wise, i'd probably go for the home run and film from up front or onstage handheld.
you can get a clamp to put your cam on a stand, but they're not the easiest things to find (actually i've never thoroughly checked but I'm assuming that is the case).

you can synch with cooledit or any other software with multitracking. 

Offline brianp

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Shows I've taped on LMA
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 04:55:46 PM »
I have a Rowi clamp that doubles as a mic/mini DV clamp. It makes the stand a little top-heavy, but it works. I have a Sony PC-100 mini DV which is pretty small and it works perfectly. If your video camera is real big forget about it.
as for software...Im on a Mac and use Final Cut Express to sync audio with the video. Ive heard Vegas Video is what you want on a PC.

Brian
SBD>MR>C>D>CD>EAC>SHN

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »
clamps:
http://www.pimall.com/nais/cameraclamp.html

http://www.chasecam.com/mounts-clamp.htm

or what i did last time was lower my mic stand (the big tall light one) and flip over my adapter that screws into my T-bar.  the other side of the adapter fits into the camera, i put my camera on top of my stand, and clamped my mics down a little.
pics: http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=31697.0

i just kept it wide angle, no zooming or anything.  it gets all the action, but its a bit boring i must admit.  but hey, better than nothing.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com