Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A tutorial for tracking and flac ing a show  (Read 2892 times)

spearheadtaper

• Trade Count: (0)
A tutorial for tracking and flac ing a show
« on: March 24, 2006, 09:09:54 PM »
did some searches.....  I have peak but not sure how to track out a show with it....I am on a mac so I could use audacity as well

is there a tutorial up anywhere that says how you track the songs....down sample from 48 to 44.1 and then  flac everything out

I have some shows I would like to seed

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: A tutorial for tracking and flac ing a show
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 12:03:13 PM »
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

spearheadtaper

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 12:27:53 PM »

thanks for the smartass reply.... I appreciate it !

searching keywords  "flac"  "mac"   or "flac" wav  or even the words "tutorial"  "downsample" or combination of those I got nothing...... sorry for asking a question.....I was just going to upload some shows to the archive this weekend....but oh well  :P  doesn't bother me much to listen to them as big wavs so I will just keep to that....

sorry for taking up space on YOUR messageboard

Offline fozzy

• move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 12:49:28 PM »
I would start here and see if any of these threads have the info you need

http://taperssection.com/index.php?board=55.0

As far a mac there are several options out there for audio tracking.  Audacity is the one I have used.  I see you have found Team Mac geeks, those guys may be able to answer any Mac specific questions.

There are also some Bittorrent HOWTOs but not a comprehensive end to end document with all the possible options.

Basic Workflow

1.) transfer recording
2.) edit recording (fades/normalize, etc..; generally not required)
3.) track
4.) compress (flac/shn)
5.) compile txt files and checksums
6.) upload/share

Any particular step in the workflow you are unsure of? let us know as much detail as possible and someone should be able to point you in the right direction.
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

spearheadtaper

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 01:13:45 PM »
having trouble understanding how to track in peak and how to correctly go from 48k to 44.1 ......  I will download audacity this afternoon and try it maybe it will be a little easier

I remeber back in the sharingthegroove days...... they had a seeders guide that walked you through all the steps to make sure you were doing everything right....  was hoping someone had made one of those would really help a visual learner like me....

I am sure its not hard just need to get through all the steps once..

Offline wsphansam

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My trading list.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 03:08:32 AM »
I use some version of Peak at work and can offer a little bit of insight, however not fully answer your question. To track out a concert after all the fades/normalizing etc, I go (apple button)+M at the very start of the file, this places a marker. Then I put one of these in right before each song or wherever I want a track. Then at the very end of the file put another in. Then Edit>Select All, then find "Convert Markers to Regions" not sure which tab this is under. This takes the markers and makes them into regions that can be burned onto a CD. If you leave them as markers and try to burn them onto a cd it's just a data cd, no audio. We never have to save the individual files so I can't tell you how to do that, however it should just be as simple as after the markers just doing some variation of a save. Good luck.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/wsphansam

Team Kansasouri, Southern Office
Team Texas

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »
the basic search at the top of the page i don't have much luck with.  The advanced search is where its at.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline orechall

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 02:50:51 PM »
once i have one big wav file which for me would be on an initial transfer from dat I then resample it down to 44.1 and then I track it out.  I am not familiar with the program you are going to use b/c I have always used wavelab. hope this little bit of info helps you out.
DPA 4023's & 4028's->Lunatec V2 /Lunatec ACM V3/Sonosax SX-M2/AETA PSP-3(x2)

Hi-Ho Silver Cables and Interconnects

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 03:55:21 PM »

thanks for the smartass reply.... I appreciate it !

searching keywords  "flac"  "mac"   or "flac" wav  or even the words "tutorial"  "downsample" or combination of those I got nothing...... sorry for asking a question.....I was just going to upload some shows to the archive this weekend....but oh well  :P  doesn't bother me much to listen to them as big wavs so I will just keep to that....

sorry for taking up space on YOUR messageboard

-T.   Two wrongs dont make a right.

basicly the same thing Sam said
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=37469.msg479058#msg479058

AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 12:31:02 PM »
The only reason I put the search is that the information is all over this site.  It was a little brash, and I apologize for being a "smart-ass" but the information is definitely out there.  Not step by step, but pretty much.  Check the Computer Recording Board in the archive.  It's oozing woth informationt that answers most, if not all of your questions.

Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com