Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A bag that fits a V3  (Read 5408 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
A bag that fits a V3
« on: October 09, 2006, 09:43:42 PM »
I would like to know what bags people use with a V3.  I am trying to find one that will fit a V3, power batt ,Irive H120, MBHO 603 A bodys / 603 A cables and wind screens. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:03:32 PM by bl6216@yahoo.com »
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: A bag that fits a V3
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 06:14:16 PM »
I'd recommend the Lowepro Nova 3.  That's what I use -- nice bag, well constructed, good size for the V3.  I've got it loaded with my V3, MT, AKG capsules, JKLabs active cables, JKLabs active box, a couple li-ion "walmart" batteries, a Digital Concepts PP-99 5v li-ion battery, my MT, and my H140, and windscreens.  Snug fit, but it holds it all, plus all the random stuff (kwonbar, shockmount, clamp, flashlight, etc.).
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 06:24:29 PM »
You cannot go wrong with ANY of the Lowepro Nova series.  I use the Nova 5 as well as the Magnum.  Nova 5 is a damn fine bag.

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 06:59:49 PM »
I use the lowepro EX-180 and it holds the V3, pelican, jb3, 2x 9v's, 15' cables, acc's.  I have the v3 rack mounted and the bag fits the v3's width like a glove.  I'd recommend the machined-down XLR's for this bag. 

They go for cheap on ebay...sometimes in the $15 range. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 07:02:32 PM by AudBall »
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline ianstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • schoeps>something>something else
    • My Recordings on ARCHIVE
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 08:30:07 PM »
i personally dig the mountainsmith bags. i have the small one, as well as the cairnII that was advertised in the retail space for 30 bucks. great bag, water resistant and even has a good stash spot in the back which can be used for sneeking stuff in ;)

ian
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)
mk6 (pair) and mk41 (pair) with kc5's & cmc6's
mk21 (1) for those M/S situations

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline pilgrims622

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 02:40:12 PM »
You cannot go wrong with ANY of the Lowepro Nova series.  I use the Nova 5 as well as the Magnum.  Nova 5 is a damn fine bag.

Nova 5 is great!!!!!!!  It can hold a ton on shit, but Id go with Nova 3 like others have mentioned for what you have

In my Nova 5, Im able to fit a v2, v3, 744, 4-km100s, 4-lc3s, ak40s, ak50s, ak20s, km84is, 3-dvd batteries for v3, 1-6volt sla for v2, 3-npf(744) batteries, vark bar, 2 clips for km84is, 2-a20s shockmounts, kwon bar, clamp, 4-sets of xlr interconnects, xlr>rca interconnects, xlr>1/4 interconnects, coax cable, 2-10' xlrs, and a few other various items...in other words...the Nova line series bags are awesome
Neumann km140
Sound Devices 722

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 02:42:10 PM »
I use a Nova 3 for my actives rig and a Nova 5 when I fly my full body mics. 
Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 03:20:11 PM »
I like the MountainSmith Blaze.  Nice and compact, decent padding, holds a fair amount of stuff.  Pics are gone, but the list of stuff I used to (and sometimes still do) schlep in it remains.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• large Marge sent me
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 08:02:02 PM »
The mountain smith is awesome if you have to wear your gear like GA FOB or balcony rail situations.  I use the Mountainsmith Cairn like this http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=47098.0 .  Previously I used the V3 with a D7 and KM100 bodies in a mountainsmith Tour.   It was a snug fit, your gear should fit in a tour bag but the size up would be better.  Something like the blaze or cairn and you'd have a ton of room.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 08:14:40 PM »
I'll also throw in for the MountainSmith carrinII.
you can hide a v3/iriver in the little compartment behind the lumbar pad. 
that is where I stealth my shit.  fools every search, every time.  we hide multiple flasks back there at times as well.
plus the little rain fly pouch on the bottom, as mentioned, adds for more "clandestine storage" options.

as far as general use, plenty of room, pouches, pockets, doodads and gizmo's to keep anyone happy.
and technicaly, its not a "backpack" and gets through the door when others cant.

all this for $30...shit.  you can't go wrong

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• large Marge sent me
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 09:02:29 PM »
shhhh.....ixnay on the iddenhay ocketspay

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 09:09:21 PM »
"ohDay"

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 02:33:47 PM »
Thanks for all the help I think I am going to go with the MountainSmith carrinII. It looks like it will fit all I have and more I saw the link at the top were it held a SD 722 and a V3. So it will fit all my gear and some. One it might have the SD 722 or even bater a SD 744.  ;D

-Brian
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 02:40:17 PM »
Is the waist-belt on the Cairn II removable? 
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 02:56:21 PM »
no, but you can synch it together and its almost there...

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 04:10:21 PM »
Is the waist-belt on the Cairn II removable? 

My only complaint of the Cairn II. 

FWIW, I have my V3 in a rack in the front pocket of the bag. Perfect fit.    The bigger main compartment holds my batteries, shocks, mics, cables, etc.  Certainly if I was running a bigger deck (7xx, 671) then I would have to move it all to the main part.  As long as you have a smaller (D8,M1,MT,R9) then the front pocket holds the V3 perfectly. 

If you want I can take some pics tonight and post them.

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 05:31:28 PM »
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 07:12:06 PM »
OFOTD I would love to see them picks if you have the time to take. Thanks for your post.

-Brian

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 07:32:19 PM »
OFOTD I would love to see them picks if you have the time to take. Thanks for your post.

-Brian

Will do.  I'm still at the office but when I get home i'll take a few pics and post them for ya.

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• large Marge sent me
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 08:24:28 PM »
Brian, if you thread the lumbar belt between the main compartment and the padded map pocket when doing what Nick suggested, the belt is practically gone.

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 08:30:06 PM »
Lil' Kim Jong-Il I know if you put the lumbar belt between the main compartment and the padded map pocket on this cinds of bags that they become practically gone.

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006, 07:42:30 AM »
I just saw a post on here about Kata bags there are a lot of money but look nice. Has any one used one of this bags yet and if so how do there stand up to what we give them in the fleld. One thing I like in some of the bags that are list in this post is that you don't have to put a rack on your gare to stop it from moveing all over the bag. But the one that do need a rack are smaller. What to do. With all this bags what to bye. I think I have to do what some people here sad they did and just try them all out and see what I like and put the rest in the yard sale. Thanks for all the info on what you all use and hope to see some of you guys at a show.

-Brian

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.101 seconds with 47 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com