Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Metal Detectors and Gear?  (Read 2005 times)

Offline geetarz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Metal Detectors and Gear?
« on: October 17, 2006, 01:14:40 PM »
Are a typical set of stealth sized mics, battery box, and recorder enough to trigger a full "walk through" metal detector?  I am guessing that many MD recorders may make it through as they are mostly plastic, but a DAT or Edirol type recorder, will this pass?  And I am also guessing that a battery box/preamp may definitely not make it through.

Any helpful tips?

Cheers,
AG

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Metal Detectors and Gear?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 05:32:06 PM »

Offline prof_peabody

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Houston
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 12:08:10 AM »
Are a typical set of stealth sized mics, battery box, and recorder enough to trigger a full "walk through" metal detector?  I am guessing that many MD recorders may make it through as they are mostly plastic, but a DAT or Edirol type recorder, will this pass?  And I am also guessing that a battery box/preamp may definitely not make it through.

Any helpful tips?

Cheers,
AG

Do searches for wands or metal detector and you will find several threads on TS.com about this.  My experience has been that it depends on the sensitivity set on the wands/detectors.  Most of the venues I go to I set off the wands (they would detect a piece of metal the size of a quarter), but no one really wants to see me open up my trousers so I usually get in...

good luck

Offline firmdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 01:04:55 PM »

Any helpful tips?

Cheers,
AG

Do searches for wands or metal detector and you will find several threads on TS.com about this.  My experience has been that it depends on the sensitivity set on the wands/detectors.  Most of the venues I go to I set off the wands (they would detect a piece of metal the size of a quarter), but no one really wants to see me open up my trousers so I usually get in...

good luck

along the same lines.  most of walkthrough variety will go off on pretty much anything.  so unless theres a sword or 9mm sticking out of your back pocket I don't think they'll treat it any differently that a regular pat down.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.11 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com