Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A complete novice seeking advice!  (Read 9333 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: A complete novice seeking advice!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 12:11:15 PM »
ebay has a few for a bit cheaper, $350... i haven't gotten a recording devince off ebay before but it looks legit.  heres a few of them or check out the yard sale forum
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=edirol+r-09&category0=
most of them say NIB so it'd be like getting it at a store, except 50 bucks cheaper.
good luck +T

Yes and No warranty ether.. I would not buy something that expensive from ebay unless it was from an authorized reseller. And I dont know many authorized Roland/ebay sellers.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline ritchietom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 12:50:43 PM »
Thank you guys I will filter through all the info you gave me today and I will get back to you asap.
Thank you again.
 ;D

stevetoney

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 05:06:42 PM »
Watchout...before you know it, you'll have $2000 - $4000 invested in the blink of an eye, just like the rest of us!!!   8)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:19:27 AM by stevetoney »

stevetoney

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »
BTW, here's a link with pics to a stealth setup that's about the same size as the setup I was referring to in my previous post.  The mics in this setup are more expensive than the ones I mentioned above, but the same size.  Also, the iriver (in the pictures) or Nomad Jukebox 3 would be a reasonable alternative to the mini-disc player if you wanted to record directly to a hard drive and didn't mind spending $150 or so for the recording device.

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,80345.0.html

Offline ritchietom

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 03:22:54 AM »
G'morning and thank you stevetoney.
All your msgs were very interesting and gave me a lot of info and tips.
I will start doing a bit of research and try to put together the equipment stevetoney suggested and see what the final price will be. I somehow thought I didn't need to carry around, especially if I have to hide them where the sun doesn't shine  ;), many more than a small recorder and a pair of stealth mics but it looks like the mics (pretty much "invisible"), the battery box pre-amp and either the mini-disc or Hi-MD are small and compact enough.
Further questions would be:
- Is it easy and straight forward to connect it all together?
- Does it need any set up/formatting?
- Why the mics need a battery box pre-amp?
- Would they work without it? Maybe the quality will be much worse?
- Where would I place the mics for the taping? I've been offered a pair of croakie mics that can easily be hidden and as long as I get a pair of clear lenses glasses (sun glasses would look odd inside MSG  :o ) I know where to place them.
- Would I receive odd looks from the people around me when trying to connect it all? My friends will be all around me but I'm not sure how paranoid we are about people fiddling with cable and electronic devices around us especially nowdays after 9/11.

Thank you very much for now

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 08:40:38 AM »
Please pm me your email address; I still have a copy of the "stealth tapers guide" which I started work on 2 years ago and never finished.

Contributions welcome, but off-board.

Edit: email address found, and sent.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 08:42:53 AM by Humbug »
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline ritchietom

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 09:01:26 AM »
Great! ;D
Thanks a lot humbug.
I will certainly read this asap. :coolguy:

stevetoney

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 09:02:43 AM »
G'morning and thank you stevetoney.
All your msgs were very interesting and gave me a lot of info and tips.

You're welcome!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:22:20 AM by stevetoney »

Offline Humbug

• Trading site
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 09:12:14 AM »
3..2..1 Moke posts a comment suggesting you delete the info above after a day or two!

Offline ritchietom

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »
Thank you stevetoney. That was really really a usufull piece of information.
I am getting a better idea of this taping hobby.
A whole lot of good tips and suggestions.
I'll have a chat with the friends that will come with me to the concert at the MSG and we will start planning what to do.
I'll check Church Audio eBay shop and the others.
Thank you everyone here....it's a great forum! :coolguy:
I'll be back  ;)

stevetoney

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 10:50:10 AM »
3..2..1 Moke posts a comment suggesting you delete the info above after a day or two!

I guess this level of detail regarding stealth isn't cool here, huh?  Next time I'll PM the person.

However, just a question, but I'm curious why this forum doesn't argue for tapers rights?  I don't necessarily know the details of the laws, and I'm sure it's been discussed before so let me know if there's a FAQ addressing this issue, but isn't banning discussions of stealth recording kinda admitting defeat when it comes to the issue of live taping? 

Maybe I've been in the dark, but I've never heard or read anywhere where grabbing a live recording at a concert has been proven to violate any copyright laws until a material loss or damange is established on the part of the copyright owner.  To my knowledge that's NEVER happened in any court in any country.  I thought that the reason we didn't openly tape bands that don't allow taping is simply out of respect for their wishes, but not as a legal requirement. 

Conversely, from a practical perspective, I assumed that people stealth recorded simply to avoid the potential for being hassled since the above seems to be such a misunderstood concept?  Like I said in the earlier email, I'd rather have my equipment safe, than argue with a gorilla and try to teach him about my rights.

Course, if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it and shut up, but if not, then I'd like my rights as a consumer and a taper to be supported by someone out there.  If that someone is not taperssection, then that's fine...but it sure seems like this forum would be a great place for tapers rights to be brought forward. 

In the end though, I don't want to jeopardize any taperssection members' good standing with bands though with this attitude.  I just wish we had a voice somewhere, someplace!!!

Offline Humbug

• Trading site
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 10:59:23 AM »
Stevetoney, I am absolutely for the sharing of information.

However, as Moke points out:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,71854.0.html

There may well be people watching what we do, and any info that gives venues / management tips how to look for stealthers should, in my opinion, be deleted after a day or two.

As regards rights, I like your arguments, but I believe there was a trader (I think in Scandinavia) arrested just for trading live shows. I don't any more details though.

Cheers

Alex

stevetoney

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 11:12:21 AM »
Stevetoney, I am absolutely for the sharing of information.

OK, I sent Moke a PM...I'll take my posts down or PM them directly to the guy if he wants me to, which it sounds like he will.  No big deal.

There may well be people watching what we do, and any info that gives venues / management tips how to look for stealthers should, in my opinion, be deleted after a day or two.

OK, I understand.  The very last thing on earth I'd ever want is to spoil the party for anyone.

As regards rights, I like your arguments, but I believe there was a trader (I think in Scandinavia) arrested just for trading live shows. I don't any more details though.

There's a general misconception worldwide and I think there will always be isolated incidents that challenge our rights...but does that mean we're wrong? 

Regarding individual incidents, details would be nice so they can be put into the right context.  Regarding the arrest you mention, immediate questions make you wonder if the live shows had been commercially released (did they compete with instantlive for example)  What was he trading for? (drugs, gasoline, something for profit).  I wonder if he was convicted of anything. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:17:18 AM by stevetoney »

stevetoney

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »

I didn't wait to hear back from Moke and decided to take the info down.  Thanks for the feedback Humbug.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.116 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com