Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A mini-disc problem?  (Read 1678 times)

Offline gamehenge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
A mini-disc problem?
« on: August 21, 2007, 01:33:43 PM »
Hi, I'm a big time newbie.  I got a minidisc player to record my band, and transfer some tape demo's to CD, and I just bought a pack of Sony MDR Audio Recordable Mini Disc 80 Minute. I had the connections secured, and it would record for like a minute, but the display says: MEM OVER, and that means "you tried to record, with the recorder placed where it recieved continuous vibration".  But I had it stationary not touching it?  I didn't see how it's getting continuous vibrations Is this a common problem?  Is there something wrong with the discs?  I got them on Ebay, and I only had time to try one yesterday.  I also use a reg. battery, I didn't get a rechargeable one when I got the mini-disc(also purchased off Ebay). Any help would be appreciated.

nameloc01

Re: A mini-disc problem?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 01:56:51 PM »
are the discs empty ? ( no other material on them) weird. i have no clue really. what kind of MD is it? go thru the menu and check all of your settings,making sure they are where need be. what input on the MD are you using? line/mic?

keep us posted.good luck.

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 02:03:01 PM »
I would try to format the MD.  Then try recording to it.  I have never had a problem with SONY MDs.  Keep us posted.

Cheers
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 02:38:03 PM »
Maybe too much vibration from your instruments?  Amplifier?  The older model MD recorders "shock protection"...  I think it's called "G Protection" isn't the greatest.  It should work though!  Ebay can be a bit iffy when it comes to sensitive portable electronics.  Hope it works out for ya.  I'm a long time MD user...  if I can help...  I'll gladly do so!!!
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline gamehenge

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 04:52:38 PM »
Great avatar yug, big Dead fan here.  I got one other kind of Sony MD with it and it worked fine recording from the mic input, but i'm trying to use the optical input now from a tapedeck.  And the recorder is stationary so it's not vibrating at all really.  The recorder is a Sony MZ-R700.  The discs are empty, they were still shrinkwrapped??  I'm going to try some more stuff later.  A/C adapter instead of battery, the 1st disc I got with it which I can now erase.  I'll keep y'all posted.  Thanks for the insight, I really need it :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com