Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cardioid Move... from the CA-14's to...  (Read 16378 times)

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Cardioid Move... from the CA-14's to...
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
So, what have you decided on ??? If you *LOVE* the sound of the mk4/mk41/etc then I say GO FOR IT. You only live once and can resell for what you put into them. I also LOVE my Busman BSCS mics. Very sweet sound thru my LB w/ Output Transformers ;)

Of course you'd be asking, Bean. :)

I do love the sound of the MK4/41/etc., I'm just not in love with the price-tag associated with the setup.  Right now, I have a little bit of debt to still pay off after a major life-changing event.  I'm fortunate that I've been able to upgrade my omnis but the cardioids are too rich for me right now as I'd like to get back into the home-ownership game in the next year or two.  $2500-$3000 is a lot of coin to drop on mics that I might use 5 times a year based on where I'm usually situated.  When I'm open, I have access to the 480/ck61-or-3 set up but I'd have a lot of 'splainin' to do to my other half (who supports my hobby) but would likely go a little crazy if I told her I just dropped $3k on some mics. :)

That said, I'm sticking with the CA-14's and gonna see what Chris comes up with in the coming months.   Maybe once I'm fully out of debt I'll have no issues dropping the money as long as I don't get dropped by my honey in the process. :P

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 06:38:28 PM »
Smart move. I LOVED my CA14s when I had them, and will DEF own them again someday ;)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2012, 03:23:26 PM »
I will have a new mic for trial in the next 3 months I will loan it out to people that put a $50 deposit on the mic I hate to do this but so much of my gear has been stolen in the loaner section that I refuse to do it with out a deposit.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »
Cool & congradulations.  What's new/different/improved?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
Cool & congradulations.  What's new/different/improved?
It will be a bigger capsule and it will not really be a stealth product more of a stand mounted open recording product although that being said I have seen people stealth with some pretty big mics, so they will be almost 1 inch in od. Again I am working on this it will be a while before I produce a sample for others to try.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline jbou

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »
Chris, that sounds awesome. It would be cool if it was a standard diameter for easy mounting with clip/shockmounts. I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.173 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com