Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: where to get ua-5 modded  (Read 3122 times)

Offline hutchyoung

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
where to get ua-5 modded
« on: February 24, 2007, 04:50:39 PM »
I have seen busman mentioned and Oade, I am familiar with.  Are there any other suggestions?  I just got the ua-5 stock and need to get a digi-mod done.  Also, I have been unable to locate "busman"  Is there a website?  Thanks for the newbie help.

Offline tfrench

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
Re: where to get ua-5 modded
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 05:52:37 PM »
hutchyoung,

I do not know of a webiste for Chris/Busman.  You can send a personal message (PM) to Busman on this website to talk with him about arrangements.  Below is the link to where he describes his mod:
-
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,48735.msg684267.html#msg684267
-
Todd
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

Offline NJFunk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 06:30:10 PM »
Doug Oade will only mod units that he originally sold.  He has all the serial numbers recorded that he originally sold, so you don't have to have actually bought it from him, only have one that matches the serial numbers that he sold.  If you don't have an Oade unit, then Busman is definitely your best option.  PM Busman on this site.  He does his mod work on new units (R4s now, not UA-5s) for Cascade Media (www.cascademedia.net), but since you would not be buying anything from them, I don't think it's best to try to contact him through their site.

kskreider

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 10:09:06 PM »
I have seen busman mentioned and Oade, I am familiar with.  Are there any other suggestions?  I just got the ua-5 stock and need to get a digi-mod done.  Also, I have been unable to locate "busman"  Is there a website?  Thanks for the newbie help.

I believe that if you have an exacto knife and a soldering gun you can do the digi-mod yourself.  It is basically a trace slice or two and a soldering of a jumper wire.  There is a link/tutorial how to do it somewhere around these parts.

Offline afri-cola-man

• Taperssection Regular
  • No Sports ...
    • Guru-Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 05:17:01 AM »
If you just want a digimod, the best option imo is to do it yourself.

If you want your ua-5 boosted, then I would recommend that you ask Chris (busman) to do it for you. He did a great job on mine and with supersonic speed too.
oktava mk-012c or jm27 or smk-h8k/u > [BM2p+ mod] ua-5 > njb3 or iriver ihp-120
greenmachine binaurals > greenmachine batt-box > njb3 or iriver ihp-120 or edirol r09
church audio cardioids > ca st-9000 preamp > njb3 or iriver ihp-120 or edirol r09

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 10:58:33 AM »
I took my stock UA5 and the mod instructions (do a search) to the local music store and offered $25 to the tech to perform the mod.  He didn't hesitate to take me up on the offer (it's a simple 2 step mod).
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 11:22:39 AM »
I took mine to a local electronics store to get the digi-mod. The board was a little too small for my liking.

It's probably easier to just send it to busman to get the whole upgrade at once, if you're planning on going that route. I did mine in two steps, but his mod wasn't available when I got the UA-5.

Eventually, I'd like to send my R-4 to him. He does excellent work.

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 11:42:57 AM »
If you can't do it... I'd do it for Karma and Postage. As sound mods go... Bussman BM2p+ is great.
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com