Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

LS-10 Firmware Update v1.10

(1/3) > >>

RetroDude83:
Not sure when they put up the new firmware but here we go, the new features are:

LS-10 Firmware Update Version 1.10
# Record exceeding 2GB
# 88.2k Hz/16bit and 88.2k Hz/24bit are added to the recording mode of the linear PCM.

I'm especially happy about not having to stop my recording before it exceeds the 2GB range anymore. Not sure why I would want the additional recording modes though ;)

GET UPDATE HERE AT OLYMPUS

John Willett:
I think it's been available for a few months now - I updated mine ages ago.

colargol:

--- Quote from: RetroDude83 on May 25, 2009, 12:03:17 PM ---LS-10 Firmware Update Version 1.10
# Record exceeding 2GB

--- End quote ---

Does this feature actually seamlessly switch to a new file after 2 gigs?
-colargol

RetroDude83:

--- Quote from: colargol on May 26, 2009, 01:20:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: RetroDude83 on May 25, 2009, 12:03:17 PM ---LS-10 Firmware Update Version 1.10
# Record exceeding 2GB

--- End quote ---

Does this feature actually seamlessly switch to a new file after 2 gigs?
-colargol

--- End quote ---

absolutely! I've tried it yesterday after installing the firmware, it joins the shit perfectly, no gap or something. Just press the rec button when recording at 24bit/96kHz and dont worry about it (just make sure to have enuff memory)...

penguin:
Wasn't there an earlier update to the LS-10 that enabled the unit to accept 16GB SDHC cards?? Can anyone verify if such an update existed?? If so, have you been able to use 16GB cards without any issues?? I am just curious because the Olympus website still says that the maximum SDHC card size for the LS-10 is 8GB. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version