Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DAT to PC digital transfer the result wrong slow speed  (Read 2673 times)

Offline emalvido

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
DAT to PC digital transfer the result wrong slow speed
« on: March 14, 2017, 02:02:41 AM »
Hello board   :)
So, in 2012 finally! I started to transfer my DAT masters to PC.
SONY PCM M1>CO3>PC my PC was running on windows XP and the soundcard was a M Audio Audiophile 2496.
The transfers were flawless, digital, with no issues whatsoever until my M1 died  :'(
5 years later, last week I got a TASCAM DA-20 so, time continue the job, only a few bunch of tapes left.
My computer now runs Windows 7 pro and the sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer SB0770.
So, today I began again, the result is a slow sound file, checked the sample rates? yes, if the DAT tape is in 48 I use the same rate on the new file to transfer, I used Soundforge, also switched to 44, nothing....... same result used Audacity.
I think that the SB0770 has an issue with Windows 7 since its an old card, this should be my issue?
I have an old PC that runs windows XP also still have that Audiophile 2496, what can I do is to try it in that PC
Other suggestion, knowledge ???
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:13:57 PM by emalvido »

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: DAT to PC digital transfer the result wrong slow speed
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 08:17:21 PM »
Might be a simple mismatch between the WAV header sample rate and the data sample rate.  Check here:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=80888.0
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline emalvido

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 12:18:46 PM »
OMG  ;) as soon as I get home from work, will do it and post the result

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »
seem to recall that the soundblaster x-fi cards resample all digital signals to 48k -- not sure if this is the case with your card -- if your old computer did accurate/proper transfers with the audiophile 2496 (a great card for digital transfers), you might want to complete the project with the old xp computer.

Offline emalvido

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 12:40:03 AM »
Ok adjusting the sample rate.... the result is sounds a little bit fast, and diginoise drops on the back like mild rain, tested with a 32,000Hz tape and the result is the same, playing around with different rates, worsens, sloow and fast speeds even if I adjust the sample rate at 32, seems that the post from dsnacks mentioning that soundblaster x-fi cards resample all digital signals to 48k, might apply, this weekend I will do the test with my previous card ans post the results

Offline emalvido

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »
Testing done!

Final comments: ::)

1.- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer SB0770 with my current computer running Windows 7 pro, hassle, wrong speeds, craclkes and noises, even following the recomendations.  :(
2.- Current computer with M-Audio Audiophile 2496, no signal/sound, installed the drivers/control panel, this one appeard on screen but the card is not recognized.  :'(
3.- Old computer running XP, M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card, smooth no hassle, accurate/proper transfer.  :headphones:

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 03:02:25 PM »
The Sound Crapster has always been know as a "shitty" soundcard...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com