Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cell phone noise removal?  (Read 2731 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Cell phone noise removal?
« on: July 06, 2021, 01:28:39 PM »
I’m pretty sure that’s what I got. Some kind of interference. Does Adobe Audition have a tool for this? It’s been awhile since I’ve had to remove any kind noise like this. Thanks.

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Cell phone noise removal?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 02:09:22 PM »
Is it a lot or a little? If only a little, try the spectral editor. It gets tedious if there is a lot to scrub, though. There is also a tool where you can sample the specific sound and remove it throughout, but this isn't as transparent as doing it one at a time (in my opinion).

Offline ts

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 04:28:26 PM »
Is it a lot or a little? If only a little, try the spectral editor. It gets tedious if there is a lot to scrub, though. There is also a tool where you can sample the specific sound and remove it throughout, but this isn't as transparent as doing it one at a time (in my opinion).

It’s throughout and of course more prevalent between tracks and quieter tracks. It’s the “dit dit dit” buzzing sound. I guess I need to sample and remove through out. Thanks.

Offline hoserama

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 11:32:34 AM »
Could try Adobe Audition's sound remover. Sort of a semi-intelligent noise reduction and might be able to handle it on a wider scale, although I bet not to the same level as a close up spectral repair in Izotope RX.
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline ts

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 08:16:33 AM »
I have Audition 3.0 and I’m having no luck removing this noise. I don’t think 3 has any spectral. I guess Izotope RX is the best way to do it. RX8 is $199.  :facepalm:

Offline Chilly Brioschi

• The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Waiting for the next cladogenetic event, or Godot
    • Oceana North America
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 01:15:28 AM »
We like to release a spun wookie into the crowd who mumbles and dances arms flailing until all cell phones have been separated from ignorant and inconsiderate users.

Shielding and starquad mic cables help a lot
Ferrite beads at both mike cable ends can help keep it from acting like an antenna
Keep all contacts clean !  Oxidation on connectors matters as it can cause a "diode" action which can cause RF detection adding to the issue.

Good luck !
"Peace is for everyone"
        - Norah Jones

"Music is the drug that won't kill you"
         - Fran Lebowitz

Offline Nosmo King

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 11:41:51 PM »
If you haven't solved this yet, I'd be interested in hearing a sample, if it's not too much trouble to post it.

Thanks!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com