Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Oktava actives coming soon. They are looking for your opinions.  (Read 1493 times)

Offline hammerhorror

• Trade Count: (54)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Hey good lookin'
Oktava actives coming soon. They are looking for your opinions.
« on: November 11, 2008, 08:11:27 PM »
Looks like Okatava are planning on releasing an active cable solution to use with their existing capsules.

Found this online today: http://www.oktava-online.com/

Taken from the website:

"After numerous requirements from our customers we have developed a new preliminary amplifier for our most popular MK-012 microphone, which extends its modularity and turns it into a compact condenser microphone.
The new preamp is divided into two parts with an extension cable, the front part of the cable has a size of standard XLR connector.

Before putting the new preamp into production we want to know your opinion about some details. So if you are interested in this product we would ask you to fill in a short questionnaire, this will enable us to consider your wishes."
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & MK41, AKG CK63 (Naiant Actives)

Preamps: Naiant KCY Littlebox

Recorders: Sound Devices 664, Sony PCM-M10

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: Oktava actives coming soon. They are looking for your opinions.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 08:20:11 PM »
saw this posted to ramps.  My feedback was that they should move away from the neutrik style connectors, which are bulky and proprietary and suggested something similar to the MBHO actives except make some adapters that simply screw on and have male mini-xlr adapters.

I think others should re-iterate this or some type of improvement to reduce the form factor. 

These would make a great starter set of actives or a setup for harsh environments.

Are these the Chinese or Russian variants?  I haven't looked into the situation since I owned MK012s

MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline ttrego2003

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • nobody puts baby in the corner!
Re: Oktava actives coming soon. They are looking for your opinions.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 10:26:57 AM »
I wonder if you will just be able to buy the cables and then there is the question of how to mount them ?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com