Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adobe Audition, renders not sounding like previews  (Read 1326 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Adobe Audition, renders not sounding like previews
« on: December 15, 2008, 04:13:49 PM »
Hey there. I was wondering if anyone here knows Audition very well. At my day job I have to use PC's. Some speech recordings that were made before my time here need to be cleaned up. They are really awful. After my coworker nagged enough we got Adobe Audition. I haven't delved too far into it yet. Today I was asked to try to start on some files. The few that were handed to me were basically broadband noise with a little bit of voice in it. It was recorded at 8khz 8bit I think. It's a nightmare. Obviously Noise Reduction can only do so much. I gave up quickly on that. I started working some noise gate settings. After I was somewhat happy with the parameters I made a script and ran a batch. That is the other thing. These are groups of like 60 short files from presentations. I need to batch them. Long story short the rendered files do not come out sounding like the preview of the settings I was working with. I tried even on an individual file. Open file, bring up effect, tweak effect, process. The result doesn't come out like the preview. It's close of course but it is not good enough. I then tried some noise reduction and that effect didn't render to sound the same as the preview did either. So what is the deal here? So far I hate this software.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Adobe Audition, renders not sounding like previews
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »
Right after I typed this I thought of the cause. I just tested and was correct. Since the file was done at 8bit 11khz the noise was being reintroduced by the nature of the format. So I had to first upsample to 48khz 16bit and then batch. The resulting files were as they should have been.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com