Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Right angle xlr problem...

(1/3) > >>

jnorman:
So I bought a couple of nice new cables with right angle connectors to use with my km184s for ORTF .   However, the configuration of the female end that plugs into the mics means I have to mount the mics upside down, which means that the Neumann badges are on the bottom and interferes with mounting the mics in the clips properly.  For mics with no external badges, this would be no problem, but for the Neumann badges which stick out, I can’t make this work.
Is there an easy solution to this that I am missing?  Thanks

voltronic:

--- Quote from: jnorman on December 26, 2020, 12:34:26 PM ---So I bought a couple of nice new cables with right angle connectors to use with my km184s for ORTF .   However, the configuration of the female end that plugs into the mics means I have to mount the mics upside down, which means that the Neumann badges are on the bottom and interferes with mounting the mics in the clips properly.  For mics with no external badges, this would be no problem, but for the Neumann badges which stick out, I can’t make this work.

--- End quote ---

Use Rycote INV mounts instead of standard mic clips. The raised badge shouldn't interfere because you only have the two lyres holding the mic.

Or, are you using a combo mount with them? I assume you aren't using an SRS Recording mount because it seems Scott makes those so they don't interfere with the badge.

darby:

--- Quote from: voltronic on December 26, 2020, 02:25:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: jnorman on December 26, 2020, 12:34:26 PM ---So I bought a couple of nice new cables with right angle connectors to use with my km184s for ORTF .   However, the configuration of the female end that plugs into the mics means I have to mount the mics upside down, which means that the Neumann badges are on the bottom and interferes with mounting the mics in the clips properly.  For mics with no external badges, this would be no problem, but for the Neumann badges which stick out, I can’t make this work.

--- End quote ---

Use Rycote INV mounts instead of standard mic clips. The raised badge shouldn't interfere because you only have the two lyres holding the mic.

Or, are you using a combo mount with them? I assume you aren't using an SRS Recording mount because it seems Scott makes those so they don't interfere with the badge.

--- End quote ---

I gave a friend a pair of the INVs to use with his 184s and he sent me these pics to show the badge placement

jnorman:
Thanks guys. I also found a workaround. I can hang the setup upside down.  See photo

jnorman:
Voze - are those custom cables?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version