Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

MK4s buzzing

<< < (2/5) > >>

DSatz:
T-LO, I'd like to help but I'm finding it hard to figure out what you have exactly. A Schoeps mike capsule, such as the MK 4, doesn't have any wires. Maybe you have a pair of complete Schoeps microphones that have MK 4 capsules? If so, the bodies of those microphones should have a type such as CMC 5-- or CMC 6-- engraved on them. Yes? No?

Also, when you say "wires" I don't know whether you have an active cable between the capsules and the mike bodies, or whether you attach your capsules directly to the mike bodies (amplifiers) and you're talking about XLR microphone cables that may be loose, or connecting in an unreliable way to the microphones.

Could you please try to be very clear about what exactly you have, and where you think the problem may be? Thanks.

--best regards

T-LO:
Here's a few pics. I don't recall who made this originally, but I've recorded several hundred shows with this set up. Thanks for looking guys.

https://we.tl/t-Xhx3hZEp53

jerryfreak:
likely built by nick. would be easy to send him the cables less caps for him to test

you can send him a message here

DSatz:
OK, that's a pair of Schoeps capsules with a non-Schoeps stereo active Y-cable (the original Schoeps product was called "KCY" but it's now discontinued). No amplifiers.

I agree with Jerryfreak--the cable is the prime suspect, and should be looked at by whoever made it. Some connections may need to be resoldered and/or broken wire replaced.

ero3030:
PFA's??  Deff known to fail.  Check them after caps and connections.  Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version