Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Building my first power supply  (Read 2599 times)

Offline peterbilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Building my first power supply
« on: February 04, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »
This might be a COMPLETELY stupid question but...

I plan to build the DIY power supply to feed the MX100 that I am in the process of buying, and I am wondering if there is a specific type of cable that I need to use to run between the battery box and the mixer.

This will be my first attempt at building any sort of electronic DIY project and I really don't want to go and fry something by NOT asking before I get started! ;)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
Re: Building my first power supply
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 07:58:15 PM »
This might be a COMPLETELY stupid question but...

I plan to build the DIY power supply to feed the MX100 that I am in the process of buying, and I am wondering if there is a specific type of cable that I need to use to run between the battery box and the mixer.

This will be my first attempt at building any sort of electronic DIY project and I really don't want to go and fry something by NOT asking before I get started! ;)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

my cable says:  awm(apliance wireing matterial) 2626 computer cable.   like you, i'm leary o fusing "any old wire".  i've melted a few things using too hevey a gauge, and i've not been able to find out what gauge this is.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline peterbilt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 10:48:27 AM »
Ok, so wonderboy over here went back and looked at LoS's instructions for the power supply and noticed the +/- 9V cable so I'm on the hunt for that.

My new question is, am I going to find three wires inside of said 9V. cable that will follow the same wiring as the batteries to the connector? Pin 1 being the ground, Pin 3 being -, and Pin 4 being positive?

I realize this may sound like rudimentary wiring to some, but it is my first power supply.

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 04:47:57 PM »
Ok, so wonderboy over here went back and looked at LoS's instructions for the power supply and noticed the +/- 9V cable so I'm on the hunt for that.

My new question is, am I going to find three wires inside of said 9V. cable that will follow the same wiring as the batteries to the connector? Pin 1 being the ground, Pin 3 being -, and Pin 4 being positive?

I realize this may sound like rudimentary wiring to some, but it is my first power supply.

no, my cable uses all four pins(maybe it doesn't make a difference, but it's what i have to work w/). if i still had a camera, i'd post a pic. that usualy explanes things better than i could w/ words.  although since pin 2 is unused, you should be alright w/ 3 conductor cable.

like to hear how it turns out as i'd like to build a "y" cable so i'm not stressing for a break when it's time to change batts.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 04:52:01 PM by admkrk »

hexyjones

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 05:38:52 PM »

I believe that means you just connect the one of the - and one of the + leads together on one terminal...not really a cable...

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 10:12:19 PM »
unless i'm not right, he's looking to build the cable, not wire the box.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com